Riding 7DMT during fireworks

MomDoc_99

Earning My Ears
For those of you who have done this, when did you get your FP for and/or get in line in order to time it right?

This was always a Disney bucket list for me. We had our FP for 9-10. We tapped in right at 9, but we did not enter inside ride building until the firework show began. It was amazing. The fireworks were going off over our heads as we clicked up the hill.

We also stopped to watch some of the show in front of the seven dwarfs house.

Are the standby lines any shorter during the fireworks since so many people are watching them?

I have an 8:40-9:40 FP on July 3rd with 9:15 fireworks. Getting there in the afternoon, so I don't mind the late FP.

Not really. The line is usually 45 minutes or more during the fireworks.

I guess either others have the same idea thinking the lines might be shorter or they get fp to be able to ride during the fireworks... rats!

Are the standby lines any shorter during the fireworks since so many people are watching them?
YES! I went in late June, (9/10 in lengthiness of lines according to Disney) it was honestly brutal. My family would always plan what we would do during the fireworks at MK (of course we had seen them a couple days before, couldn't miss them). SM, which would normally be a 110 minute wait was 35 during the fireworks! 7DMT was 50 when it was 120 during the day. And Buzz Lightyear ( a nostalgic favorite for our family ) was a WALK ON when it was normally 50-60 mins. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS! And get to the side of the park you want to be in during the fireworks AHEAD of time so that you don't get caught up in the massive, anxiety inducing mix of people crowding to get a spot at the fireworks!

We rode Seven Dwarfs twice during the fireworks in early June. The first time we waited four minutes (the time it took to walk through the empty queue) and the second time we waited seventeen minutes. Both times we could see the fireworks during our ride.

We watched fireworks on New Years Day from 7DMT. We got in the stand by line at 8:35 p.m. and the timing was perfect. So cool! It was definitely an experience we will always remember. Also, Fantasyland felt empty when we exited the ride. We stood back there to watch the rest of the show. Very magical!

We were just there May 20th - 24th, and we got in the stand by line during the fireworks and walked right on 7DMT.

We have done it during fireworks and evening EMH. I love going on rides during fireworks. We watch fireworks on day 1 of MK, and then ride on day 2.

Another vote for “yes,” the 7DMT line is very short during fireworks. We’ve ridden it on several different recent trips during fireworks, and the longest wait we had was maybe 20 minutes - usually more like 10. Ignore the wait time sign out front - it will always be very inflated at that time of day.

This is great to hear. We are only at the parks 3 days this trip. We plan to hit MK twice, once on EMH which are till midnight. We have no fast passes, we are using them earlier in the day at AK. But we do have them for the next morning at MK but no 7DMT.

Ok, so we will give 7DMT a try during Wishes! Fingers crossed!

This happened to us by accident last September during the Halloween party, it was totally unplanned and it was fantastic! :)

Happened to us too, we got on the ride just as Wishes was starting. It was brilliant!

For those of you who have done this, when did you get your FP for and/or get in line in order to time it right?

We did not plan to ride it during the fireworks - it just happened! We were heading that way, 20 minute wait, was on in 10! Riding it during the fireworks is in my top 3 favorite memories from our 1st trip!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter