Rides with Savi lightsaber?

Turk February

DIS Veteran
Question...I am building a lightsaber tonight and would like to take photos with it once it’s dark out. However, I also have Star Tours and Slinky FPs before it’s dark and after I build. Is it possible to send the lightsaber to the front of the park from somewhere after photos are taken for pickup later or do I have to physically walk there and do it myself? Do I need my receipt? Thanks!

Question...I am building a lightsaber tonight and would like to take photos with it once it’s dark out. However, I also have Star Tours and Slinky FPs before it’s dark and after I build. Is it possible to send the lightsaber to the front of the park from somewhere after photos are taken for pickup later or do I have to physically walk there and do it myself? Do I need my receipt? Thanks!

You should be able to "smuggle it off world" (I believe people are able to send it to the front of the park, or if you're staying at a Disney World Resort, send it there).

[edit]Sorry. I just realized you were asking about any locations outside of Savi's. I'm not sure, but I think you can. You could always try Dok Ondar's (since that's where they sell the legacy lightsabers).

Last edited:
After DH made his, we were told to bring it to Dok Ondar's to have it sent to our resort. I think it was too late in the evening to have it sent to the front of the park, but if you are early enough, I believe that would work. Yes, you do need your receipt. Or at least DH did.

You should be able to "smuggle it off world" (I believe people are able to send it to the front of the park, or if you're staying at a Disney World Resort, send it there).

[edit]Sorry. I just realized you were asking about any locations outside of Savi's. I'm not sure, but I think you can. You could always try Dok Ondar's (since that's where they sell the legacy lightsabers).
Fwiw, we were at WDW within the past 2 weeks, and at that time the "send stuff to your hotel" service took a couple of days. Meaning, you can't send anything if you're checking out sooner than that. Or if you want to use that light saber within the next couple of days.

We rode SDD with dh’s Savi’s-built lightsaber placed inside the seat sort of in front of the bar. It wasn’t the easiest fit but it was safe.

If your rides are before its dark but after you build, I don't think sending to the front will work. You would need to ride, go get it, then take photos. No guarantee it would be to the front of the park yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter