Rider Switch/Granddaughter

nautical05

Earning My Ears
We have been to WDW many times. This year we will have our 20 month Granddaughter. My son and daughter in law will use ride switch. Am I correct in thinking 3 other people can ride with them on the switch (meaning their brothers)? We have never used rider switch.

We have been to WDW many times. This year we will have our 20 month Granddaughter. My son and daughter in law will use ride switch. Am I correct in thinking 3 other people can ride with them on the switch (meaning their brothers)? We have never used rider switch.
It's a total of 3 people who can ride on the Swap.

Only the first riders need a FP and the Swap riders (3) ride by entering the FP line using the Swap pass.

It's a total of 3 people who can ride on the Swap.

That part caught me off guard on our most recent trip. The last time I had used rider switch it was card holder plus three (maybe a year or two ago), so I was surprised when I walked up with four (earlier this month) and had to leave one kid behind.

How long ago did this change? To be fair, it's printed right on the card, but I didn't read it carefully enough, saw 3 on the card, and filled in the blanks with the old rules.

How long ago did this change? To be fair, it's printed right on the card, but I didn't read it carefully enough, saw 3 on the card, and filled in the blanks with the old rules.

As far as I remember, even a year or two ago, it should have been 1 + 2 for a total of 3. If you were doing 1 + 3 and they were letting you, it might be that you were just lucky.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter