Reviews on Homecoming for Dinner

viluvsdisney

DIS Veteran
I haven't found too many reviews on Art Smith's Homecoming in DS. Does anyone have a review they could share? We'd be going for dinner. Thanks!

I liked it enough to go back but wouldnt particularly care if I couldnt get a reservation but the Boathouse is now on my must do list. We visited both along with Fronteria Cucina between day after Christmas and New Years Day. I wont go back to Fronteria it was bleh.

HERE is my review from my TR...we ate there December 21st :-)

We really loved it, it's on our "We'll be back" list for sure!

I love Homecoming especially since its farm to table. I'm a huge fan of Art Smith. It's a nice change of pace for WDW to have a farm to table restaurant. A nice contrast to places like Planet Hollywood etc and Guy Fieri.:rolleyes1

We loved it. Great fried chicken. We had the hush puppies, a side of mac and cheese, the fried chicken and donuts and fried chicken sandwich. All excellent and we will be going back

It's very good. We've eaten 2x for late lunch but I think the menus for lunch and dinner are close. Fried chicken sandwich, wings, pulled pork, devilled eggs--all good. Cake for dessert was excellent. Going again next week!

Absolutely loved it! My new favorite WDW restaurant. I went in Nov. & again in Dec. Fried chicken & donuts! OMG so good! The deviled eggs were amazing. DH loved the pulled pork. DS gave a big thumbs up to the burger. Too full to try any of the desserts but next time I'm getting something to go. Can't wait to return next month.

We ate there in December and loved it. We can't wait to go back on our next trip. We had there fried green tomatoes and deviled eggs for our starters and loved them both. We had there fried chicken with a side of macaroni & cheese. They were both excellent. I have to say it was the best macaroni & cheese that I have ever had in a restaurant. I love how the restaurant was designed. It feels like Florida when you enter to dine.

Here is a link to Dining at Homecoming video from last week.

Last edited:
I haven't been to Homecoming yet, but I have been to Blue Door Kitchen in Chicago (which is another of Art Smith's restaurants) and it was amazing. The fried chicken was THE BEST fried chicken I have ever had and the next time we go to Disney, I am definitely making a point of going to Homecoming so I can have more! :)

We really enjoyed it, but found the portions huge. To us, this was definitely a split a meal or order the sandwiches, not the full platters (we had the catfish and the chicken and waffles).

Having said that, we still made room for Moonshine. Amazing moonshine selection, and their flights are served adorably.

We are going in a few weeks. Everything looks so good I am going to have a hard time deciding what to order.

I really enjoyed it for dinner this past September. I had the fried chicken & donuts for my entree and the chocolate pecan pie for dessert. The chicken was very good (but I think the Florida Publix chicken is even better :-)) and they subbed their mac & cheese for the included veg/starch. Their mac & cheese was absolutely incredible & a real treat. The chocolate pecan pie was excellent. I agree with some of the PPs that the entrees are large & could be shared by 2 (particularly at lunch). I would go back again without any hesitation.

I really enjoyed it for dinner this past September. I had the fried chicken & donuts for my entree and the chocolate pecan pie for dessert. The chicken was very good (but I think the Florida Publix chicken is even better :-)) and they subbed their mac & cheese for the included veg/starch. Their mac & cheese was absolutely incredible & a real treat. The chocolate pecan pie was excellent. I agree with some of the PPs that the entrees are large & could be shared by 2 (particularly at lunch). I would go back again without any hesitation.

This made me laugh...don't remember the trip or the meal. Arrive at Disney on the 9th. May have to give it a try.
I'm another Sam Steele

I loved it! We had the jasper board app and it was delicious (we are huge fans of charcuterie and if you cut me open, I bleed pimento cheese). The portions are very big, IMO. The fried chicken and mashed potatoes were delicious (tasted my DH's) and I had the fried chicken sandwich which I loved. The chips that came with my sandwich were also fantastic.

I loved it! We had the jasper board app and it was delicious (we are huge fans of charcuterie and if you cut me open, I bleed pimento cheese). The portions are very big, IMO. The fried chicken and mashed potatoes were delicious (tasted my DH's) and I had the fried chicken sandwich which I loved. The chips that came with my sandwich were also fantastic.

I'm a charcuterie snob and I very much enjoyed the board at Homecoming. DW and I split the charcuterie board and an entree.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter