• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

reviews 4/9-4/15(incl. DDE savings$)

marksmith

Mouseketeer
Just returned from a great trip and stay at the Poly (as reported). As usual, much of our enjoyment is planned around WDW dining. We tried some new ones and a couple of old favorites.

We do not utilize the dining plan, but as AP holders have always used the DDE experience and feel it is a great value. This trip alone we saved over $200.00 on dining/drinks. And we go again in October.

I'm going to break our reviews down on a day by day basis for sit-downs and a seperate review for all CS meals. For our first review I am going to couple our first night dinner and last am breakfast, at what I consider a hidden gem at WDW.

Kona Cafe- Dinner-DW started with Pot Sticker app.(dumplings) and I a small Kona salad. Both very enticing. For entrees DW had Beef teriyaki(per our servers suggestion); DD-10 yrs old had asian prime rib-both dishes excellently done.

I had the Mahi Mahi, which was the 2nd best dish I had all trip. We shared a bottle of the Reynella chard which paired well with my fish. DW had a very rich Kilahuea torte and DD an ice cream sandwich from Capt. Cooks.

We really enjoy the casual feeling at this eatery combined with the excellent food. I wont detail the breakfast items we enjoyed our last morning, but will mention my DW loved the Tonga toast and real Kona coffee press.

This is fast becoming our favorite restaurant at WDW. Happy to answer any questions. Next review San Angel Inn-Mexico

Thanks for sharing! My DH & I are going to try some "new" dining experiences when we are there in Oct.-Nov. One of the restaurants we look forward to trying is Kona Cafe and it sounds like we will really enjoy it. We also have the DDE card and think it is well worth the price. Looking forward to the rest of your reviews.:)

Thanks for posting about the Kona. We may have to return again. Looking foward to your next installment.

We are going to Kona for our first time in 2 weeks & after reading such wonder reviews on this board I'm glad we convinced our friends to join us. They cancelled their ressies for CRT for dinner @Kona & Concourse Steakhouse instead. We're on the ddp & were a little concerned about the kid's menu since we have an 8 yr old.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter