Review of Perfectly Princess Tea with pictures!

Texa

DIS Veteran
My daughter (she turned 4 on the trip) and I attended the Princess tea at the grand floridian on Friday June 10th.
I had thought about purchasing a princess costume for her before the trip but she had a perfectly cute sparkly tinkerbell dress she had worn last halloween that still fit so I decided to just go with that instead. I glad I did! There were many little auroras, cinderellas, belles, one little jasmine complete with a beautiful wig, plus other tinkerbelles! There were also a few that were just dressed up. I don't think anyone felt out of place.

EXCEPT - do I need to tell you that although hubby and DS9 travelled with us to the Grand Floridian (from SOG) they took a look around and at all the little princesses and high tailed it over to Disney Quest for the rest of the afternoon.

When you check in they give you a card with your little princesses name on it. They have the girls gather around the steps to the tea room then call them up on by one. This is done by Rose Petal, who is truly an amazing performer. When each girl was called they placed a little crown on her head and gave the name card to Rose Petal, who greeted the little princess by name, posedfor a picture, then threw actual flower petals in front of the little girls as they are lead (the parent has joined them by this time) to their seat.

97849tea1.jpg

Their is a an American Girl doll waiting for DD at our table. It took quite a bit of convincing the she got to actually keep the doll. We were served during this time; finger sandwiches, cheese and fruit, crackers, plus tea for the grown ups and apple juice for the children. The set up was beautiful and DD was thrilled that she had her own little tea. There was a bowl of sugar cubes and tongs that fascinated DD. She put a few in my tea just because it was fun for some reason. I also let her eat one (BAD MOM). I have to admit I expected to need to stop somewhere for lunch after the tea but the food was filling! DD and I didn't eat again until dinner time, around 5:30. The tea sandwiches were chicken, shrimp, and egg, I believe. The cake was white with strawberry! Perfect for little princesses!

97849tea2.jpg

97849tea4.jpg

While we were eating Rose Petal was singing and telling interactive stories to the children. She was really quite good and made a point to go up to each princess at least once and sit next to her and make her feel very special. She also had a little Rose microphone that she would use to engage us in her storytelling, also having the children wave their wands and sing to their dolls. They also made a big fuss over birthdays and special occasions

97849tea5.jpg

After a while she gathered the princesses in a group in the center of the room and led them in a little dance around the room to practice being princess-like!

97849tea3.jpg

As she was doing this Princess Aurora entered the room! She also gathered them around and showed them how be royal ladies. Then there was a lot of one on one time with the cast members including Princess Aurora, who gave each girl a rose and a special hug!

97849tea6.jpg

There was probably quite a bit of detail about the party that I left out, but each girl was made to feel very, very special and princess-like.

It is quite a bit of money, so is it worth it. Well technically yes but you have to know your child. If your daughter dreams of being a princess, is the type to dress up and have tea parties, it would be more than worth it. If your child would rather make mud pies, climb trees, and ride horses, probably not. I have a feeling my daughter is growing into the latter so this may be our last year for princess activities, but I'm glad I did it once.

I loved your review! Your daughter looked adorable. :tink: I especially like the pic with Aurora! I have already decided that whenever I have children, I will take my daughter there. Your report sold me!!!

Thank you! great review...how did they know your daughters name, did you give it at check in?

What time does the princess teas start? How long does it last!

p.s. I love the pictures!

i loved your review and the pics of your dd. i have booked this for me, my dd4 and my mil for dec. i was hesitant due to the price but after reading your review it has put my mind at ease. as a girly girl i think she will love it. thanks for a wonderful review. princess:

Beautiful pics! And a great review!

I just attended the party last month with my two dd's - ages 6 and 4. Both are VERY girly-girly and LOVE everything Princess. I tell you, they left there feeling as close to a Princess as one can get! I highly recommend this tea to others! My husband and 14 yr old niece went with us also (they did the video taping and pictures so I could enjoy the moment with my girls!) - so it was quite expensive, but worth every penny in my opinion!

Someone asked about length - ours lasted close to 1 1/2 hrs.

Also, after Rose Petal introduced our dds, they sprinkled the rose petals on top of their heads. They asked for our dds names when we made the reservations, that's how they already had the cards made out.

Being crowned:
DSCF1235.jpg

Sprinkled w/ rose petals:
DSCF1238.jpg

With Rose Petal:
DSCF1274.jpg

With Sleeping Beauty
DSCF1266.jpg

It starts at 10:30am and ends close to noon. I forgot about the Rose sprinkling part! They did do that when they walk in. When you sign up for it they will ask for your daughters name. They have the name cards all ready for you when you check in.

Ohhhhh! Thank you so much for your review. I am so excited that I booked this for our trip! It will be the highlight of the trip for her, I think. I was a bit daunted by the cost but I decided that since my dd's name is Aurora (really!) I better figure out a way to make it work! ;)

Concierge booked ours, do they magically know my kids names, or should I check back w/ them? I paid & booked it months ago! AGGHHH!!! ;)

Thank you for the review! I booked this for my DD's 4th birthday in October and it sounds as if I made a good choice. I debated because of the cost, but my DD is all girl, loves tea parties, and thanks to previous WDW trips thinks she truly *IS* a princess, LOL. :p

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for sharing.

Lovely piccies ~ Your DD looks so cute.

jcemom - did you give their names when you booked too? Im wondering if I should email concierge again?
I believe the tea is 10:30-noon.

poohluvrs said:
jcemom - did you give their names when you booked too? Im wondering if I should email concierge again?
I believe the tea is 10:30-noon.
Yes, I was asked when making the reservation. Do you think concierge already has the names? Wouldn't they be on the reservation? I'd probably email them anyway, just to be certain, with the name(s) and age(s) of the child(ren) attending...maybe it's not necessary but I'd worry if I didn't, LOL.

I'm trying to convience my DH that my daughter would really enjoy it. She's also very girly girl which seems to be a must. He's a little thrown by the cost...

jcemom said:
Yes, I was asked when making the reservation. Do you think concierge already has the names? Wouldn't they be on the reservation? I'd probably email them anyway, just to be certain, with the name(s) and age(s) of the child(ren) attending...maybe it's not necessary but I'd worry if I didn't, LOL.
;) yeah, for the cost of it, Ill only feel better once I email them to be sure!

Thanks for the review. I think I'll do this with dd next year when she is 5. I better start saving for it now!! Your pics are great and your dd is adorable!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter