• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Review of CRT & San Angel Inn

Dsnymouse

DIS Veteran
My family did a short WDW trip in March. We stayed at POP Century Resort and ate there alot. Have always enjoyed the meals there (stayed twice). But on to two places we ate in the parks......

Cinderella's Royal Table (Lunch) in the Magic Kingdom Resort -

Was excited to get an ADR here - tried for our 2005 trip, but had to cancel due to hurricane Wilma. So round two, made my 180 day reservation (for those that dont know it's a hard reservation to get). The cost for 3 people was $108. This better be a darn good meal, didn't want to walk away disappointed. Our ADR was for 12:45 we showed up about 12:20 and they allowed us to go in. Yeah! We were to take photos with Cindy and Prince Charming - that was fun! They give you a package of pictures at the end of your meal. Nice Touch ! :wizard: Then headed up the stairs for our seating. My dd was excited when she saw Belle and Snow White walking around. We were seated on an upper tier on the side. My dd was given a princess wand. I read that the wand lit up, it did not (boys get a sword). They do this introduction where the kids wave there wands and sword - my dd did not want to particapate. Mom was ready. :lmao:
On to the food: We were give a chef's platter with some salad, meats and cheese. The salad was good, hubby agreed. Then on to the main course
Dh -got the Focaccia Sandwich with Sweet Potatoe chips, Me-based on Dis reviews no other choice - The Major Domo Pie. Dd got the kids chicken fingers. Dh- said his sandwich was good. I loved the Pie was not disappointed. Dd was bummed that the chicken finger meal had no fries but then perked up when we saw pasta. When it arrived no pasta. She is a picky eater - we always have trouble. The Princesses all came around, but seemed hurried as they saw we were eating. That part was a bummer, but we still took pictures and made the best out of it. We enjoyed our meal. I myself, put so much expectation into this meal, I was disappointed. Due to that, I will rate this meal at a B+

On to San Angel Inn located in World Showcase (Epcot) -

I had posted a question on where to eat in world showcase. Got a few responses and San Angel Inn was one of them. We did not make and ADR for this. We showed up and were seated right away. The feel of the restaturant was neat, kinda like a mayan temple with volcano. It is dark and kinda hard to see - but that is the fun of it. We were given chips and salsa. Service was effecient. On to the entree's. Dh- Tacos al Carbon. Me - Plato Mexicano (taco, enchalada, rice and beans) Dd - Chicken finger (no fries) but they were willing to subsitute for some spanish rice. She was happy.
All meals were good, not great. This was a $40 dollar meal. We all agreed it was ok, nothing outstanding. Cute place, next time we will try something else. I would rate this one a B-

So all those looking, here are my reviews. I know everyone has different tastes. But I know I enjoy reading reviews, so best of luck. As they say in the World, have a magical day! ;)

Thanks for the reviews. We are eating at CRT in Sept. and I am trying not to get my expectations too high-pretty hard when you have a little Cinderella fanatic in the house.:lmao:

I'm glad San Angel Inn was ok. My DS wants to eat there so this is one of our ADRs. I also wanted to eat there because I thought it looked cool and last time we were at WDW, we tried to get a table as a walk up and we couldn't, but then I get nervous when I hear that it isn't too good.

The San Angel Inn is one of the few restaurants in Epcot I had NOT been to...until this weekend.

It was awesome. Loved it.

Now, it was just me and my girlfriend, and it was her FIRST TIME to Epcot, so that might have helped the "atmosphere" of the evening. ;) It really is a romantic setting.

It really blew us away. Great atmosphere, good service and GREAT food. I had the Mole Poblano - Grilled chicken breast served over a bed of chicken morsels, carrots, Chayote chiles, with a classic sauce of spices and a hint of chocolate. Don't let the "chocolate" part fool you - it was DELICIOUS. Very highly recommended. She had the Pollo a Las Rajas - Grilled chicken breast served over red peppers, onions, Chile Poblano, Chorizo (Mexican sausage), and melted cheese. That was delicious too.

We were thoroughly impressed with the San Angel Inn.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter