• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Reusing Magic Bands

polineedyan

DIS Veteran
Its probably been asked a zillion times..We have our bands from last September. We are going next week. We just want to use the same bands. I keep getting reminder emails to order mine, I know we can reuse them, so I ignored the emails. Now, we have bands waiting for us at the resort. I dont want them.
Im just bringing the old bands and having them set them up at the resort at check in. Is that going to work?

Yes. You don't need to "set up" your old bands at check in. They're already linked to your MDE account and ready to go.

As long as you have no new guests traveling with you then there will be no problem. You can decide not to order and they will either A) mail you grey bands or B) have grey bands ready up front which you don't need to take if you have brought your own. I've experienced both scenarios. It looks like you are 3 days out so I don't think you will be getting grey bands mailed to you. I'm assuming Disney has changed this procedure in order to save money and plastic which works out because I was over getting new bands every trip as well!

All of your bands linked to your account will work. I would bring them up to the front desk just so the CM can check to see if they are activated. Have a great trip!

Yes. You don't need to "set up" your old bands at check in. They're already linked to your MDE account and ready to go.

Although this is 99.9% true I did experience a time when I used my old bands and it would not open my room. I had to go back to check in and they threw some pixie dust on it and then they worked fine. The system isn't flawless yet. I still inquire up front about my old bands so I don't have to make the extra trip in case it happens again.

It sounds great. Thanks team. Im such a disney addict-I think this is our 7th trip in 5 years. Its shameful that I've lost count..well..not really.LOL!!

It sounds great. Thanks team. Im such a disney addict-I think this is our 7th trip in 5 years. Its shameful that I've lost count..well..not really.LOL!!

Nothing to be ashamed of at all! I've lost count myself lol! I'm jealous but very happy to know in 3 days you will in the Happiest Place on Earth!! Please have a Mickey's Premium Bar for me.

Although this is 99.9% true I did experience a time when I used my old bands and it would not open my room. I had to go back to check in and they threw some pixie dust on it and then they worked fine. The system isn't flawless yet. I still inquire up front about my old bands so I don't have to make the extra trip in case it happens again.

I hate ordering new bands each time we go as we have a bunch from previous stays but I can tell you that last October when we tried to use our previous bands, we had all sorts of problems. We couldn't get into our room, they wouldn't work on the elevators. We ended up wasting so much time going back and forth to both the CL CM's at the YC and the front desk trying to get them to work. After 45 minutes with a manager and several calls to their IT department, we were told we had "too many" bands in the system and while they did get mine to work after they deactivated all my other ones, they were never able to get DH's to work. Thankfully, I had packed our new ones just in case as he ended up having to use his new one. While I do like the concept of the bands, we were told that we should be deactivating our bands after each trip and using new ones each time which to me seems like such a waste!

I hate ordering new bands each time we go as we have a bunch from previous stays but I can tell you that last October when we tried to use our previous bands, we had all sorts of problems. We couldn't get into our room, they wouldn't work on the elevators. We ended up wasting so much time going back and forth to both the CL CM's at the YC and the front desk trying to get them to work. After 45 minutes with a manager and several calls to their IT department, we were told we had "too many" bands in the system and while they did get mine to work after they deactivated all my other ones, they were never able to get DH's to work. Thankfully, I had packed our new ones just in case as he ended up having to use his new one. While I do like the concept of the bands, we were told that we should be deactivating our bands after each trip and using new ones each time which to me seems like such a waste!

That sounds like such a pain! wow! An I agree. Although I am a fan of the new system, there are still many kinks to be worked out! I had no idea we should be deactivating after each trip. I did know you can have too many bands from what Pete said in a previous podcast, and I'm worried I'm getting close to the maximum number. Luckily, the last few trips since I haven't picked out new ones they haven't sent me any. Perhaps they are seeing the errors in their system and at least taking the steps in the right direction to fix so that situations like yours do not happen again.

I noticed when I linked my special edition band the other. It says you can link up to 10 bands. Have they put a limit to the number of bands you can now have?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter