return of the Happy Little Thread

When we checked in last week, they said the 1800 loop was going down for maintenance now and the 1600 loop would be going down also later. The 1800 loop has a few tenters in it and the 1600 has 5 or 6 campers left in it. They are really pushing to put people in the 1900 loop saying the 1700 was full. We were stuck in the 1900 loop for almost 3 months last fall and never again. Those sites drop off too much and there's no room to setup chairs and stuff. During the week, 1700 loop is 1/3 to 1/2 full but completely full on the weekends. 1900 is starting to get a few people in it today, getting ready for the weekend.

I'm glad your doggy is home and doing better Frank and Denise!! :cool1:

My parents celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary tomorrow. Reception at the church this afternoon, then a family dinner tonight. Mom's sister is in town, as well as her daughter and family. All together we'll have 4 generations celebrating. :dance3:

I'm sure it was all downhill after I was born (after all how can you advance on perfection?), but they made the best of it and even acted like the rest of the story had some importance. ;)

My parents celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary tomorrow. Reception at the church this afternoon, then a family dinner tonight. Mom's sister is in town, as well as her daughter and family. All together we'll have 4 generations celebrating. :dance3:

I'm sure it was all downhill after I was born (after all how can you advance on perfection?), but they made the best of it and even acted like the rest of the story had some importance. ;)

Have a wonderful time celebrating. :cool1:How nice to have four generations together. :wizard:

Okay..figured I'd post this here. May seem insignificant..but it was big for me! Now hear this....(can I have a drum roll please) My 22 year old daughter broke up with her MORON boyfriend. :cool1: yep..you read it here first! I feel like Christmas came early this year!

I've waited TWO years for this to happen. Not so paitently either. :rolleyes1 There was that time shortly after she first met him when I threatened to run him over with my truck.:drive: Bob told me then that..."A...you need to get some medication"...and .."B..you have to stop saying things like that out loud." :headache: That if anyone was going to kill the guy..it would be him. He figured the kids needed me..and visiting me prison would be a real PITA. After taking a chill pill, I realized he was probably right. It is a long drive upstate.

Sooo.. on another occasion (family BBQ) I casually let it slip how sometimes people have been swallowed up by the earth, never to be heard from ever again. What..come on:confused3..tell me you've never heard of this? Maybe it's something that just happens in Italian families. My mom..she's quite the story teller. :smokin: Hey..I was just makin' a little innocent conversation. Kid looked shaken :eek:..but still hangin' in there. I was getting desperate.

Then I had an idea.:stir: I was gonna try the "nice route". I invited him to Christmas Eve :santa:and actually gave him a gift. I tell ya..the look on his face as he carefully unwrapped it :rotfl:. Dope looked as if he was opening an explosive device. :laughing: Oh..that was priceless..brings a tear to my eye just thinking about it.
Anyway..my daughter started working full time about 6 months ago. Real job..real benifits..real WORK. At some point she started to see Prince Charming wasn't all she thought he was. My husband was right (don't ya just hate when that happens ladies:rolleyes1). He said we need to trust that we brought her up right..and that eventually she would see him for what he really was.(a no good looser who will suck the life out of her with his "feel sorry for me":charac2: attitude. Not to mention he couldn't finish school or hold a job..or that he was thrown out of the military. Seems the more we objected ..the closer they got. (excuse me..gotta find the puke smiley again....:crazy2:..there ya go...I feel better now):cutie:

She actually kicked him to the curb about three weeks ago. I've hesitated getting too happy over it, since in my experience, it usually doesn't take the first time around.
I knew something was up :idea:...as she started getting all weepy when being asked to clean her room?:sad1:..We're a little past that sort of thing. That's when she told me she'd had a rough week and that she had broken it off with moron boy because...get this.." he wasn't living up to my expectations". :eek: I swear I thought I'd died and gone to heaven :littleangel: " not living up to her expectations!" MY GOD..:eek: she has expectations! :faint: Who knew?
Since she's broken it off...she's become Little Miss Happy Go Lucky! :cutie: I haven't seen her this happy in quite a while. She's pleasant..she's going out with her girlfriends. She looks as if the weight of the world has been lifted from her shoulders.pixiedust: As far as I'm concerned ...she NEVER has to clean her room again!
Oh..and did I mention she has a "date" this week with a guy who has a real job (he's an aero space engineer) and an apartment. Wait...an apartment...:confused:
Maybe I'll have to tell him the story about how the earth sometimes swallows people up.:thumbsup2

Auntie,

:cool1: Congrats!!!! :thumbsup2 Good for her!!!!!!:goodvibes

:lmao: I'm from a big Italian family.... LMAO People have been known to be "swallowed up by the earth" :lmao:

Hope the date goes well!!

Well, Phyllis, I hope this works out for you. If I were you, I wouldn't say anything bad about the guy since these losers are like boomerangs and keep coming back. We had about 2 months of being happy when my daughter dumped her loser, and I kept telling my wife not to say anything bad about the guy. Sure enough, he's back.

:woohoo: Glad you and your DD are rid of the loser. Here is some double pixiedust: pixiedust: that he stays gone.

Can you plese tell Jim the story in full detail, how the earth swallows people up. :lmao:

Jim your DD is such a sweetie, I hope she finds a guy worthy of her, soon. :goodvibes

Well, Phyllis, I hope this works out for you. If I were you, I wouldn't say anything bad about the guy since these losers are like boomerangs and keep coming back. We had about 2 months of being happy when my daughter dumped her loser, and I kept telling my wife not to say anything bad about the guy. Sure enough, he's back.

Oh..I know exactly what you mean Jim.;) I say NOTHING. While I have expressed my absolute DELIGHT at this turn of events here on the board, I have in NO WAY let her know that I'm thrilled beyond words. When she told me, I hugged her and told her that I knew how hard that was for her to do. Which is true. When I hugged her..I looked toward the heavens silently mouthing "thank you God"..:worship:

Hey it's been a few weeks and she seems happier than she has in two years. She even found out the moron is dating someone else. She said she actually feels sorry for the girl, because she doesn't have a clue what she's getting into. Hey..better that girl, than my daughter.
I'm glad she's going out and seeing other people. She's even planning a DISNEY vacation with her friends for May. Something moron would never do. So..let's hope this takes!

(excuse me..gotta find the puke smiley again....:crazy2:..there ya go...I feel better now):cutie:

That was, hands down, my favorite part of that whole post. :rotfl2:

Remind me again, everyone, to never, NEVER get Phillis really ticked off at me! :scared1:

That was, hands down, my favorite part of that whole post. :rotfl2:

Remind me again, everyone, to never, NEVER get Phillis really ticked off at me! :scared1:

:laughing:

As long as you don't date my daughter...(or one of my son's..:eek: not that there's anything wrong with that..:rolleyes1) I think your safe! :laughing:

Congratulations, Phyllis! Or should I be congratulating your DD? Either way, that's awesome!!!! I will send good thoughts that he STAYS gone!!!!

Congratulations, Phyllis! Or should I be congratulating your DD? Either way, that's awesome!!!! I will send good thoughts that he STAYS gone!!!!

From your lips...to God's :littleangel: ears, Kelly! :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter