• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Return of Crowds

My daughter and I are coming to Orlando Oct 15-19 and I have been able to find virtually nothing available for those dates. I've seen several people on this thread saying there is lots of availibility.....am I missing something? Maybe I'm doing something wrong, or just my luck that those days are super busy?

Maybe check again? I just booked POP from Oct 25 to Nov 20 (excluding the Non 11-13th for now) and could have booked even earlier into Oct. I even booked two rooms for the week before Thanksgiving which had zero availability before. POP was not the only hotel available by far.

Maybe check again? I just booked POP from Oct 25 to Nov 20 (excluding the Non 11-13th for now) and could have booked even earlier into Oct. I even booked two rooms for the week before Thanksgiving which had zero availability before. POP was not the only hotel available by far.
I tried again using a different web browser and had quite a few pop up. Thanks!

Real crowds will Return in Christmas I think--that's the first international holiday time. I originally thought Thanksgiving but that's not a holiday in UK or other European Countries.

Park Report: Coworker is saying that waits at MK today are pretty short, the wait times shown in the app aren't correct, which from what a lot have been reporting lately sounds about right

I am curious to see if crowds do start to elevate now that we are in the 10 day window for the 50th. i guess time will tell

Park Report: Coworker is saying that waits at MK today are pretty short, the wait times shown in the app aren't correct, which from what a lot have been reporting lately sounds about right

I am curious to see if crowds do start to elevate now that we are in the 10 day window for the 50th. i guess time will tell

Not saying your coworker is wrong. When I was there earlier today, wait times were decent. But as I left wait times were going up. 15 mins for Mad Tea Party. 45 for Pooh.

Apart from that… it *feels* crowded. Wait times might be okay but it feels busy.

We’ll see how things are when I go back, if the app is accurate or if wait times really are way up, which would make sense considering how busy the park is.

We were at MK on Tuesday. The walkways were crowded. But the attractions we went on weren’t. 10 min wait for Big Thunder. And on the way out, practically shoulder to shoulder in Emporium.

We were at MK on Tuesday. The walkways were crowded. But the attractions we went on weren’t. 10 min wait for Big Thunder. And on the way out, practically shoulder to shoulder in Emporium.
This is the way it was for us last week. We walked through a sea of people on the way to Everest and commented how AK was getting crowded, yet the wait was only 15 minutes max, and then we rode FoP with a posted 45 minute wait, but it was literally walk-on. Same at the other parks as well, even HS. I’ve never ridden Slinky more than once in a day without FP, and we did it four times.

This is the way it was for us last week. We walked through a sea of people on the way to Everest and commented how AK was getting crowded, yet the wait was only 15 minutes max, and then we rode FoP with a posted 45 minute wait, but it was literally walk-on. Same at the other parks as well, even HS. I’ve never ridden Slinky more than once in a day without FP, and we did it four times.
So it sounds like people are grouping, but the parks aren't swamped haha. kinda like how main st is always crowded, it isn't really an indicator of how crowded the park is

I anticipate a big dip after October. Yes September is a lower crowd month but it's never this low. I think all the pent up travel demand is over and will be for awhile. I personally think the whole travel industry is in for a rude awakening. Travel will be down for a long while. While international travel will resume come November there is still lots of loop holes to go through to travel.

I fully agree with this. Most people have to rebalance their budget as is with the rising cost of everything. The economy isn't going to be pretty for a long time.

I fully agree with this. Most people have to rebalance their budget as is with the rising cost of everything. The economy isn't going to be pretty for a long time.
if you are planning a Disney vacation, you i can't imagine the price increases would bankrupt your trip, and if they do, you should probably not have been planning for one to begin with

if you are planning a Disney vacation, you i can't imagine the price increases would bankrupt your trip, and if they do, you should probably not have been planning for one to begin with
This was more in the poster I quoted saying the travel industry as a whole is in for a rude awakening. Travel is gonna be hit hard as people have to pay more for everything. So yes there will be a rebalance and cuts Having to be made. The bulk of people live pay check to pay check or close to it even ones making a lot because too many of just spend too much.

This was more in the poster I quoted saying the travel industry as a whole is in for a rude awakening. Travel is gonna be hit hard as people have to pay more for everything. So yes there will be a rebalance and cuts Having to be made. The bulk of people live pay check to pay check or close to it even ones making a lot because too many of just spend too much.
if you're talking future I would say we'll see, depending on the virus, and inflation it could tip in either direction, if you're talking short term, i don't think price increases make you cancel a trip you have already been planning, they a high, but not high enough to start cutting things out, maybe cutting the idea of a future trip, but not enough to remove a trip off your books. Just my opinion

if you're talking future I would say we'll see, depending on the virus, and inflation it could tip in either direction, if you're talking short term, i don't think price increases make you cancel a trip you have already been planning, they a high, but not high enough to start cutting things out, maybe cutting the idea of a future trip, but not enough to remove a trip off your books. Just my opinion

For people with trips in maybe next 2-4 months sure many may still go but may spend less on extras, but next year and going forward could very well be a different story. Alot of current booked trips will be how much has already been paid.

So we are now week of the 50th…I’ve been watching wait times today and yesterday and they look pretty awesome…20 mins FoP, DHS headliners under 30 mins (except RotR). I am sure this coming weekend will be a big spike, but after, does anyone think crowds will die back down? Aside from the 50th, I don’t think much else is different than September…I think quarantine rules etc have made some parents hesitant to pull kids out of school, Covid situation is basically the same, still no international travel until November etc. So I guess that’s a really long way of asking is the 50th alone (a celebration that’s going on for 18 months) really enough to take crowds from 1s and 2s now to 6’s in a few short weeks?

I wonder if everyone using the standby lane and not having to wait behind fastpass is what is making the attraction lines faster than what people have been expecting.

I wonder if everyone using the standby lane and not having to wait behind fastpass is what is making the attraction lines faster than what people have been expecting.
I’m sure that’s part of it as well as more shows/restaurants opening…but parks have been stand by only all summer and wait times were much higher than they are now. I know September is historically lowest month but this seems crazy low…I wish I was there now…sigh.

I noticed a big difference between weekdays and this past weekend. Thursday and Friday were busy, but manageable. Saturday and Sunday roughly doubled the wait times. Still much shorter on average than our last two visits, pre-COVID. Expect this weekend to be quite heavy, will be watching on the app.

It’s empty right now. MK was a 1 yesterday
Yeah, I don’t think the 50th will have anymore of a draw, than the locals trying to get their fix, and a few of us hardos haha. My buddy is coming back tomorrow, and he said that their concierge offered to upgrade their room, at a discount to stay longer. Kinda crazy considering you wouldn’t think they’d have much availability at all right now with the 50th right around the corner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter