• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Return of Crowds

All of a sudden our trip in October - 9 days towards end of month - has so much availability. A lot of DVC and CSR, PoP, All-Stars...

We will be there 9/25 - 9/29 and I just looked at resort availability. Everything that is open still has availability for those dates, so I'm not too worried. Obviously there are locals and people who stay off site, but I was surprised to see so many options.

Our dates are 9/30-10/4 and there is plenty of availability when there wasn't any for those dates just a few months ago.

We're going in 2 weeks. Staying off-site but ADRs sure have been hard to come by.

Methinks that the crowds are coming...

I agree, what i keep coming back to is, why does anyone have to be at Disney for the 50th month, i can understand Oct1st, or that first week, but what does the month matter?. Based on the hotel availability I'm seeing, i think A LOT of people canceled (during the rise of Covid recently), and rescheduled for sometime later during the 18 month celebration. I think when you couple that with back to school for the first time in a year and a half, and parents not wanting to take the chance of going on a weeks long vacation, and potentially having to quarantine when they get home, crowds will continue to stay low. Obviously this is just my opinion, and i could be totally wrong, probably just wishful thinking
I like your (wishful) thinking.

We're going in 2 weeks. Staying off-site but ADRs sure have been hard to come by.

Maybe that is the key. People decided to go off-site.

I have an on-site reservation and an off-site reservation for our Feb. trip. I expect I'll know by the end of the year whether on-site is worth the bother and expense. I bet a lot of people did the same for the near future trips.

ADRs seem to be hard to get even now, I think they aren’t booking to full capacity, abd I also think they are leaving a lot of walk up reservations open which could lead to limited availability. We know someone who got back last week, and he lived off of walk up wait list for the week, he said the only restaurant he couldn’t get was BOG

When does everyone think crowds will be returning to WDW?

My thought is that the first week of Oct will be bumpin, but will cool right back down after. Numbers are coming down in Florida, but I think a lot of people have already cancelled their trips
What’s an aluminum falcon? And what do you mean they blew up the Death Star? 😂

I tend to think low availability of ADRs has more to do with the labor shortage.
i agree with this as well, ADR's have been in short supply consistently since WDW reopened, and i don't think it's an appropriate indicator for crowd levels at this point

My daughter and I are coming to Orlando Oct 15-19 and I have been able to find virtually nothing available for those dates. I've seen several people on this thread saying there is lots of availibility.....am I missing something? Maybe I'm doing something wrong, or just my luck that those days are super busy?

My daughter and I are coming to Orlando Oct 15-19 and I have been able to find virtually nothing available for those dates. I've seen several people on this thread saying there is lots of availibility.....am I missing something? Maybe I'm doing something wrong, or just my luck that those days are super busy?
Hotel availability? I just got a bunch to populate in the website 🤷‍♂️

I hope that you are right. I was going off of DVC availability. There is typically plenty of availability at resorts like SSR this time of year, even with F&WF. But this year, it is booked up.

DVC availability is almost nonexistent. We tried to add a day to our trip in October and weren't able too.

I’m here now again super duper crowded filling in all available spaces like the old days pre shows single riders if you’re concerned about Covid not for you to be truthfully honest. Me? I’m not worried my son is having an absolute blast taking your kids to Disney is the best

I’m here now again super duper crowded filling in all available spaces like the old days pre shows single riders if you’re concerned about Covid not for you to be truthfully honest. Me? I’m not worried my son is having an absolute blast taking your kids to Disney is the best
That’s funny one of my buds from work is down there now, he said crowds weren’t at like a 1, but no more than like a 3-4 max. They did good and wine today, so maybe just a different park🤷‍♂️

DVC has been low almost all year, which is unsurprising based on how many points people need to spend, I’m still amazed at just how many hotels are available throughout most of Oct. add that to the fact that all park pass days are still green with the exception of the 1st, and 31st, and even those are yellow. If people were staying off site at a high clip, I feel like park pass reservations would be affected as well, and We aren’t seeing that either. Again I could be wrong, i just can’t get it all to add up to much higher crowds at this point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter