restaurant opinions

blitzkrieg048

Bond...James Bond
Can aficianado's help me with some restaurants we're thinking of going to.
We have 3 ds's(6,4,1) need to know if these are any good for them too.

Whispering Canyon
Crystal Place
Liberty Tree Tavern
Sci-Fi diner

Thanx fellow Diser's

My family always enjoys CP. In fact I just made our PS for our trip in June. If you can make it early in the morning before park opens because it is great to walk down Main Street with so few people.
The Sci Fi diner is okay. My kids did not get the concept of the "drive-in". We don't have any in our area of town. The food was okay too. Personally that is a place our family would not go back to.
:flower:

I have yet to hear a bad review of Crystal palace! The character interaction is great, the restaurant is lovely and the food was the best we had on our last trip. Sci-Fi has a great atmosphere. We ate there for lunch and felt it had a limited menu. The food was good, but nothing special....the main thing about this restaurant is just the fun-factor and the light up ice cubes! It's definitely a fun one for kids. (The other two you listed I know very little about as we haven't eaten at them.)

With that age range I'd say definitely Crystal Palace would be your best choice. Liberty Tree would be my second choice.

Whispering Canyon is VERY loud and boisterous, and kids that age might get overwhelmed (you know your kids better than anyone, so I don't want to tell you what to do).

I just don't like Sci-Fi, but I know a lot of people do, so I will leave the Sci-Fi comments to others!

Bob

I havent tried the other three restaurants but Liberty Tree Tavern is my favorite restaurant in Disneyworld :)

It's great for kids if you go for the character dinner (they dont have a character lunch). Very good character interaction, they really have fun with you :)

The food is excellent quality. You can get "all you can eat" Thanksgiving dinner. The stuffing happens to be my favorite part. It also has turkey, mashed potatoes, some vegetables, steak, and macaroni and cheese.

The only negative is that there is often a long wait so you'll have to arrive there early enough. If you do get there early, sometimes you can get right in. (there have been times, during Christmas season no less, that I got into Liberty Tree within 5 minutes for dinner). Make sure you make a PS.

Bob P said:
Whispering Canyon is VERY loud and boisterous, and kids that age might get overwhelmed (you know your kids better than anyone, so I don't want to tell you what to do).
Bob

I haven't been there but I've done my research.

Whispering Canyon: lots of interaction, depends on server, LOUD
Crystal Place: wonderful food...great atmosphere :)
Liberty Tree Tavern: great food, character dinner here if you didn't know
Sci-Fi diner: sounds fun...imagine a (what else) drive in movie theater. I don't know how it's organized but am GUESSING that there's some room to run around.

Please correct me if I'm wrong!
:banana: :banana: pirate:

Whispering Canyon, food is okay, not great, but not bad. It is very loud, but fun. We laughed a lot during our meal.

Liberty Tree Tavern is one of my favorites. Dinner is served family style, and very good. Dinner is also a character meal. I wouldn't make a trip to WDW without eating at LTT at least once!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter