Restaurant Ideas.

slbgnb

DIS Veteran
Now that I officially have FD :cloud9: .....I need to actually book 2 more TS restaurants. So far, I have:

O'hana (dinner)
Akershus (breakfast)
50's Prime Time (dinner)
Crystal Palace (breakfast)
Biergarten (dinner)
Chef Mickey's (breakfast)

Any thoughts on what other 2 I should choose? I was debating the following:
The Wave
Via Napoli
Raglan Rd

I've never been to any of those - but would love other thoughts too. Thanks!

Now that I officially have FD :cloud9: .....I need to actually book 2 more TS restaurants. So far, I have:

O'hana (dinner)
Akershus (breakfast)
50's Prime Time (dinner)
Crystal Palace (breakfast)
Biergarten (dinner)
Chef Mickey's (breakfast)

Any thoughts on what other 2 I should choose? I was debating the following:
The Wave
Via Napoli
Raglan Rd

I've never been to any of those - but would love other thoughts too. Thanks!

We've been to The Wave, Via Napoli and Raglan Rd and enjoyed all three. Of the three I would say that Raglan Road probably had the best food. Via Napoli has ok pizza but was so loud inside that we asked to be moved outside and that made the experience much more enjoyable - sitting on the patio as the sun went down was very nice. The Wave has good food (better than Via Napoli in my opinion) but isn't anything special on the atmosphere. So while I'd recommend any of the three I'd probably choose Raglan Rd, with the caveat that I don't like taking an extra trip to Disney Springs and would try to eat at Raglan on a day I was already going to be at Disney Springs.

Of the three, I have only been to The Wave. We loved it! Great food and service.

And good for you, snagging those expensive TS credit restaurants. You will get good value from your free DDP!

Out of those three we've only been to Via Napoli, and while we liked it we weren't crazy about it.

Yak and Yeti at AK is a pretty good one credit option. Other favorite one credit options that I don't see on your list: Rose and Crown, and Cape May Cafe (Breakfast). Have you considered maybe throwing both of them down on California Grill or Narcoossee's? Those are no question our two favorite restaurants at Disney.

We enjoyed the Wave. I haven't tried Via Napoli, but found RR very overrated. You may consider using both for SOA or HDDR. We always try to do at least one dinner show, and it's actually a good use of the credits, since tax, tip and alcohol are all included.

We loved Via Napoli on our last trip. Raglan road is on the list for this trip. I don't think you can go wrong with any of those choices.

Sanaa at Animal Kingdom lodge is good food and a great setting. It sits on the Savannah at ground level. Floor to ceiling windows.

Are there kids involved or just adults?

Hmmmm....hadn't thought of doing a 2 credit table service. I'll have to look into those. 2 adults and kids are 14, 12 & 9.

I did think of Sanaa....that seems like it would be really fun.

Thanks for the input!

Of the three we have done Via Napoli several times and really enjoyed it. Both the pizza and pasta dishes.

Hmmmm....hadn't thought of doing a 2 credit table service. I'll have to look into those. 2 adults and kids are 14, 12 & 9.

I did think of Sanaa....that seems like it would be really fun.

Thanks for the input!
If you are considering 2 table service places then we really enjoyed both Narcoosee's (great view) and Yachtsman (great steaks). Boma was very good the first time we ate there. And Teppan Edo might be our favorite at Disney

We have been to Via Napoli. On our 2015 trip it was probably my second favorite meal, Sanaa being my favorite. That being said, one of the perks of Via Napoli was the low cost when paying OOP. Our family of four was well fed on one pizza, which is rather inexpensive compared to each of us paying individually for our own separate plates. On the dining plan, I would probably try somewhere where you could get a little more value and save Via Napoli for a time when you are paying OOP.

I've only been to Raglan Road but I loved it! We are going back this next trip.

I've been going to Via Napoli every year, although the PP is right, it does tend to be noisy.

The Wave was the Food Find of my trip this year! Loved the breakfast buffet, and the Harvest Salad and pan-seared salmon I had for dinner. It is a nice, quiet respite, loved the food, service and atmosphere, and will definitely be going back.

I really enjoyed Boma and Captain's Grille. I've ate at the Wave as well, I enjoyed that as well and would go back but I'd pick Boma or Captain's Grille over it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter