Resorts w good working areas?

mkh531

Mouseketeer
So my dh may have to take a few long conference calls during our trip, at random hours. Are certain resorts better set up w business areas where he could set up, so that if we are sleeping he could work from there? we could also get a 2 bedroom villa, or just two connecting rooms, but those are much pricier options than I’d like to consider. Thanks in advance!

The hotels that have convention centers have some pretty quiet hallways he could possibly use - areas of the CR second floor, the YC and BWI convention centers come to mind. He can walk in and find a quiet spot, but there won't be rooms open and available for him to use. Dolphin and CSR also have some quiet convention center hallways if I recall. For a less expensive 2-bedroom option, you could consider the family suites at AoA or ASMu.

You might also have luck at the Swan/Dolphin and Swan Reserve.

I think the Universal Hotels might have some good options, too. It seems to me Sapphire Falls and Royal Pacific might have good options.

I suppose also depends how much privacy he needs.

Maybe one of the suites at the Swan Reserve would be an option for you. The bedroom door closes.

Another option that comes to mind are the suite hotels in Flamingo Crossings. All the hotels there are fairly new. They don't get the onsite perks, but the price is right, and you get breakfast. Over by Universal is the Residence Inn on Major Bld. (and others, but I have stayed at the Residence Inn and it is very nice.) Most of the F Crossing options are Hilton and Marriott brands. There's a small Target over that way, plus places to get food. You might need a bigger suite though to get doors that close.

One more possibility, if he doesn't need privacy and you have the budget, is club level. In the moderate price range is Gran Destino, next up in price is AKL or WL. Though the lounges are only open 7am-10pm, but they serve breakfast and snacks.

If he has an iPhone it will cut out a lot of background sounds or at least the 10 and later have a more directional mic. Most (all that I am aware of) video chats have apps for an iPhone as well. With that most lobbies will have a remote enough space. If he needs space to do other things as well especially with Wi-Fi a larger room is your best option.

Thank you all! We were thinking of doing Beach or Yacht Club and possibly Club Level since we’d probably save money with the way two teens eat all day. Now that seals the deal that we will stay there, just not sure if we will do club level or not. This was so helpful! Thanks again!

Thank you all! We were thinking of doing Beach or Yacht Club and possibly Club Level since we’d probably save money with the way two teens eat all day. Now that seals the deal that we will stay there, just not sure if we will do club level or not. This was so helpful! Thanks again!

Only thing I would caution is that if there happens to be a convention or meetings occurring, it may be harder to find a truly quiet space. Still better than a non-convention center resort since you have room to play with, but it’s not a lock it will be the most ideal place to take a call. Disney host a lot of conventions/meetings, and even a small gathering rolling through the YC convention common areas can cause a lot of noise. But otherwise they are among the better options in less than ideal circumstances if a truly quiet phone location is needed.

If you're at Yacht or Beach Club, walk over to the Beach Club Villas building. You will see a little open room that you walk through to get to the pool; I think that's called "The Breezeway." But across the hall from that room is another little room; I think it's called "The Drawing Room." I think there might be a billiards table in there. I haven't been since pre-COVID, but the door was always closed and nobody was ever in there.

At the Beach Club, the Solarium (across from the gift shop) usually is pretty quiet, but I think there is a TV in there so somebody might have that on with the volume up. It's a big enough room that he probably could find a quiet corner.

Also, I vaguely recall that at some resort, which I think is Yacht Club, there is a little area on the second floor which has a desk. You can go over there to the lobby and look up to see if I'm right.

The problem with taking a call like this in public is (a) the people to whom you're speaking need to know that anything you say is not confidential because anybody can hear you, which could be an issue with a work call, and (b) you become the loud and annoying one to everybody near you.

My wife and I both worked in the suite at Old Key West. Lots of room to spread out yet someone could sleep in in the bedroom when necessary.

Also, I vaguely recall that at some resort, which I think is Yacht Club, there is a little area on the second floor which has a desk. You can go over there to the lobby and look up to see if I'm right.
I love the desk area on the second floor of the Yacht Club. It is at the top of the lobby stairs. I've never seen anyway use the desk and it is very quiet there. :)

The Breezeway off the BCV lobby is very nice and quiet. But I don't think it has a desk.

Get a CL suite at Grand Destino Tower. If you are paying CL prices at Yacht club then it is about the same and there are plenty of areas for your husband to set up.

If you are set on BC/YC, you can’t beat the location.

Disney has several 'business centers' located at various resorts. Might check the official Disney website for locations, costs and hours of operation. Not sure if they have private conference rooms, but seems a better option then taking calls in your room that might disturb those who are sleeping. Using the business center is probably a less costly option then renting a larger room just to have these calls.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter