• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Resort transportation

samiet620

Mouseketeer
Hello my friends. Quick question...
:confused:Is there any other resort on Disney besides CSR that doesn't share transportation? :confused:

I don't remember POP sharing buses when we were there in Jan. 07. I could be remembering incorrectly though. Or it could have changed since then...

As far as I know, the Allstars are the only ones that share a bus but they are right next to each other.

I don't think sharing is a big problem.

Port Orleans has "river side" and "french quarter" sections that use one bus route.

Neither SSR nor OKW share busses.

I'm pretty sure that the Poly, Contemporary and GF don't either.

The only resorts that never share busses are the Pop, CSR, and AKL. CSR does have multiple stops within the resort, which makes it pretty much like the All Star Resorts or POR/POFQ. Those resorts are right next door to each other. Driving around CSR takes the same amount of time as driving from POR to POFQ, or driving to all of the All Star Resorts.

The Poly, GF, and CR do share busses to DTD, AK, and DS. But you are only a short monorail ride away from Epcot and the Magic Kingdom, which kind of makes it a fair trade off.

The only resorts that never share busses are the Pop, CSR, and AKL. CSR does have multiple stops within the resort, which makes it pretty much like the All Star Resorts or POR/POFQ. Those resorts are right next door to each other. Driving around CSR takes the same amount of time as driving from POR to POFQ, or driving to all of the All Star Resorts.

Even though CSR. CBR and POR/POFQ have multiple stops at the resort (CSR has 4, CBR has 7, FQ is 1 but they often do go to POR which has 4), they transport way fewer guests. There are 1967 rooms at CSR; CBR has 2112; POR/FQ totals 3056 rooms. The All-Stars collectively has 5568 rooms. That translates to longer waits for guests to load.

I am not sure if this is why you were asking...but I thought I might mention it for those that might be interested. Just because a resort doesn't share buses, it does not mean that the travel time will be any better. We have stayed at Poly, AKL, POP, ASMusic, POFQ and CSR. The resort that we spent the most time traveling on buses was CSR, which doesn't share. The least amount of time we spent on buses was at AKL (the notoriously out*of*the*way resort;)).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter