Resort Rates/Discounts

margaritabnl

Mouseketeer
I am planning a trip to WDW in May 2003 and I was wondering what sort of discounts were offered for the Moderate and Deluxe resorts for 2002. I can't get rates now for 2003 so it's hard for me to budget.

I reallllly want to stay at BWI but have a feeling my sister who will be going with us won't pay for a BWI Studio. We likely will stay at POFQ or CBR and that's fine with me. We loved POFQ and CBR looks very attractive.

I did look into renting points from a DVC member but hubby has "issues" with not having housekeeping for a week in a Studio and doesn't feel he should pay extra for it.

We don't have AP's and will likely buy the UPH with a DC discount. TIA!

I was lucky enough to get the $49 rate at all star Music last September and would really like to know what discounts are usually out for february. We will be going February 3-14 and would like to start budgeting, we would like to stay at POFQ but if discounts are good enough we would stay at a deluxe. If anyone knows what kind of discounts were offered this year I would really like to know for comparison purposes.

Thank for your help.:smooth:

For the last three years when we book our vacation I usually do it online direct with Disney and book our own airfare. Every year I forget about asking for the Disney Club discount of $50 so my wife has to call back and ask for the discount. They won't take it off our bill but instead give us $50 disney dollars at check in. This becomes money for our kids that they can use while we are there. I does'nt really save money but its nice for them to have some prepaid Disney dollars to start their vacation with.

Charlie

Sorry, but I am not familiar with the $50 DC discount you are referring to??? Can you please let me now what this is?

THANKS!

i had already had a ressie with WDW travel company and found a code on Mousesavers and changed the ressie to CRO using the code for room only. I think it was March That I found the code. They usually come out only a few months before the travel dates. Good Luck

Originally posted by RobandLisa
Sorry, but I am not familiar with the $50 DC discount you are referring to??? Can you please let me now what this is?

THANKS!

I think that they are referring to the Disney Club discount. The amount and the availability of the discount varies depending on the Resort and the time of the year.

Hope that this helps! :)

You know - renting points and paying for housekeeping would still be a much better deal. Points are about $10 per point to rent - a studio with a view is 13 points/night = $130 per night (no tax!) and then I think housekeeping on a studio is $25 per day. It would be hard to get a $155 per night rate at BWV any time (and you get a kitchenette too). Just my $.02

Thanks for the replies so far. ;) Sherrie...will keep my fingers crossed for that same rate!

KLR... hubby is stuck on the fact that he would have to pay for housekeeping in a studio. He feels that as a deluxe resort housekeeping should be included in a studio because it is smaller than a 1BDRM villa. The additional $25 per day is absurd to him and the new towels each day for $6 is ridiculous. He wants to wait for a great rate for BWI studios through DU because you don't have to pay for housekeeping, it's part of the rate already.

I can't really complain about this though, lol. It is afterall my vacation too and he doesn't want me (or him) to make up beds and clean a bathroom. Plus, I don't want to deal with a laundry room and washing towels on vacation!

I will just keep hoping to get a great rate like Sherrie for CBR or one of those buy a moderate and get an upgrade to deluxe.

That same rate at 94.00 seems to be around every year. Are you A disney club member? They also offer good discounts with hoppers, resorts and National rental cars. Book it when you have made a decision and keep your eyes out for discounts. They won't be out until at least January for May. CBR is absolutely beautiful.

We plan on joining the DC at the end of this month so we can get a years worth of benefits before we go May 3-10/2003. The membership will expire 2 weeks after we return from WDW.

I had already emailed DU about reserving & she suggested I wait until September to book the room and then let them adjust the rate as codes/discounts become available.

With all this time I keep going back and forth on which resort to stay in. Splurge and stay at BWI in a studio or be economical and stay at CBR? I just can't decide! We spent a week last year at the Hard Rock Hotel and were very spoiled so that's what is making the decision on where to stay even harder. I would compare the HRH to BWI. The onsite kids club at BWI is very tempting to.

Well, if you can get BWI for the same price as renting points and paying for housekeeping, that would be the thing to do. Certainly renting from a DVC member is not the same as obtaining a room from Disney and those of us who are members seem to do quite nicely without daily maid service. I belong to DVC so I haven't checked pricing lately so I don't know what discounted rates + tax would be for BWI for that time period. I would think $155 would be a great price though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter