RESORT OPENINGS CHANGED (Announced 7-27-20)

This is a drag. With BC not opening SAB will most likely not be opening either.
A couple of posters have said they spoke with guest services who said SAB will reopen on the 24th when YC opens. I was also told a few weeks back By guest services as well that they planned on reopening it when the resort side opened up. And truthfully it makes sense that itdoes open because even with only opening up one side that will place a lot of people who would have to use the quiet pools or BW pool. Opening up SAB will help promote the social distancing of guests who have nothing else to do when the parks close. And I’m sure Disney realizes guests book YC/BC primarily for the pool. Many or most will cancel and rebook another hotel if SAB does not open.

A couple of posters have said they spoke with guest services who said SAB will reopen on the 24th when YC opens. I was also told a few weeks back By guest services as well that they planned on reopening it when the resort side opened up. And truthfully it makes sense that it does open because even with only opening up one side that will place a lot of people who would have to use the quiet pools or BW pool. Opening up SAB will help promote the social distancing of guests who have nothing else to do when the parks close. And I’m sure Disney realizes guests book YC/BC primarily for the pool. Many or most will cancel and rebook another hotel if SAB does not open.
val, I'm really glad to hear that :p. I didn't realize that Yacht was still opening on time or I wouldn't have made that assumption. And I agree that it will help in social distancing effort. With YC open they definitely aren't going to cram everyone into the other two pools. I wasn't going to cancel or move my res either way. BC is my favorite resort so even without SAB it wasn't a deal breaker. This is definitely good news though! :)

Y'all are at the big fancy resorts. Anyone staying at AoA know where they plan on pushing us off to? I picked AoA for the theming. I really wanted to stay there (October Disneymoon). So now I'm wondering what they consider comparable that they're going to send us to instead? Pop is really all I can think of that would be about the same. But I've never stayed on site so this is all from what I've learned over time on here.

We were at AOA Little Mermaid room and got moved to Caribbean Beach standard view.

A couple of posters have said they spoke with guest services who said SAB will reopen on the 24th when YC opens. I was also told a few weeks back By guest services as well that they planned on reopening it when the resort side opened up. And truthfully it makes sense that itdoes open because even with only opening up one side that will place a lot of people who would have to use the quiet pools or BW pool. Opening up SAB will help promote the social distancing of guests who have nothing else to do when the parks close. And I’m sure Disney realizes guests book YC/BC primarily for the pool. Many or most will cancel and rebook another hotel if SAB does not open.

This makes sense but it's definitely not an official decision. If it were, they wouldn't have the open ended ("during the initial reopening period", meaning "until we decide") disclaimer on the page when you book yacht club rooms. I'd actually be a little surprised if it opened for a while as it's not cheap to run and it sounds like occupancy is lower than anticipated.

Y'all are at the big fancy resorts. Anyone staying at AoA know where they plan on pushing us off to? I picked AoA for the theming. I really wanted to stay there (October Disneymoon). So now I'm wondering what they consider comparable that they're going to send us to instead? Pop is really all I can think of that would be about the same. But I've never stayed on site so this is all from what I've learned over time on here.
We had little mermaid room and I told CM we had wanted a themed room and skyliner access so she moved us to the pirate rooms at CBR.

Supposed to stay at BC May 2021 for my niece's wedding, there are rooms blocked for wedding guest. Received an email this morning we are moved to YC with a water view. I guess they can move us back to BC but this way we are guaranteed a room.

This makes sense but it's definitely not an official decision. If it were, they wouldn't have the open ended ("during the initial reopening period", meaning "until we decide") disclaimer on the page when you book yacht club rooms. I'd actually be a little surprised if it opened for a while as it's not cheap to run and it sounds like occupancy is lower than anticipated.
I check in to YC on opening day 8/24. I really really hope we see signs of life before then.
:worship: They would need to call back the workers for Hurricane Hannah's if they will open the pool? I will have to change resorts if they don't open. No way I can stay there without those amenities.

I check in to YC on opening day 8/24. I really really hope we see signs of life before then.
They would need to call back the workers for Hurricane Hannah's if they will open the pool? I will have to change resorts if they don't open. No way I can stay there without those amenities.
We're in the same boat checking into BCV on 9/9. Hopefully DVC will continue to be reasonably available for a few more weeks so we can hold off moving. We don't want to stay there without SAB, but would hate to move and then find out they opened it after all.

First world problems compared to many folks, I know, but still annoying.

Supposed to stay at BC May 2021 for my niece's wedding, there are rooms blocked for wedding guest. Received an email this morning we are moved to YC with a water view. I guess they can move us back to BC but this way we are guaranteed a room.
Did the wedding party move it or did you move it? I’m booked at BC April 2021 and debating about calling to move it to YC

Did the wedding party move it or did you move it? I’m booked at BC April 2021 and debating about calling to move it to YC
My reservation was booked through the Disney Wedding site. They contacted the bride about moving everyone and after the bride approved then Disney moved all the reservations. Originally the wedding was supposed to be Memorial Day weekend 2020, got pushed back to Labor Day weekend 2020 and since current restrictions of now more than 50 people in a gathering and mandatory mask the wedding was postponed again to Memorial Day weekend 2021. Fingers crossed.

My reservation was booked through the Disney Wedding site. They contacted the bride about moving everyone and after the bride approved then Disney moved all the reservations. Originally the wedding was supposed to be Memorial Day weekend 2020, got pushed back to Labor Day weekend 2020 and since current restrictions of now more than 50 people in a gathering and mandatory mask the wedding was postponed again to Memorial Day weekend 2021. Fingers crossed.
Thanks. I hope she gets to have her wedding!

Long time lurker here. Was reading all your posts today, and started to feel anxious about my upcoming 10/14-10-18 stay at BC, and where we would get moved to. Called and after about 45 minutes, we ended up moving to the Poly! We've been forever addicted to BC, and were so upset when it wasn't going to open. We could've moved to Yacht- but when Poly is offered, how can you say no!?

Long time lurker here. Was reading all your posts today, and started to feel anxious about my upcoming 10/14-10-18 stay at BC, and where we would get moved to. Called and after about 45 minutes, we ended up moving to the Poly! We've been forever addicted to BC, and were so upset when it wasn't going to open. We could've moved to Yacht- but when Poly is offered, how can you say no!?
For sure! I’d love to stay at Poly!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter