• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Resort Magic Bands No Longer Shipped?

martaroo

Earning My Ears
I have a reservation for Coronado Springs in late April. I just noticed that in MDE it is telling me to change my mb customization (already picked a new color I don’t have) by 6 days prior to check in in order to be able pick up my customized band at check in. There is no option to ship it to me (even though my address is listed correctly on the same screen). When I went into mobile check in there was a check box saying I needed to decline the mb in order to do mobile check in and bypass the front desk check in.
Is this new? I have had quite a few mbs mailed to me in the past with resort stays with no issues.
It’s not a big deal but I just have not seen this before.
I do already have multiple MBs on my account, and am a AP. Also, had to cancel my last resort reservation after the mb had been sent already earlier this year. Maybe one of those factors plays a part?

It's a glitch in MDE (shocking :rolleyes:). Once you customize them and the correct date has passed, they'll be shipped. Mine said the same thing and I received them when I was supposed to.

If they didn't ship them, then they would have to change the needing the bands to use ME.

I have 2 clients that both went in the past week and neither received their MBs shipped prior to arrival. Even though they went online, customized, etc. I too wonder if this is something new they are trying.

Really?? I thought we were asked to scan them.

Yes, if you have them they will scan them. But if you don't you can just give them your name or reservation number. Guests from outside the US have to pick theirs up at their resort Front Desk. And some guests book last minute trips and don't have time for them to be shipped, etc.

I have 2 clients that both went in the past week and neither received their MBs shipped prior to arrival. Even though they went online, customized, etc. I too wonder if this is something new they are trying.
If it's new, it is within the last week. I received my magicbands a week or so ago, right when I was supposed to, even though the date on MDE was incorrect. Did your clients go in and customize and finalize their magicband order? If they didn't do that, or if they declined them for whatever reason, they won't ship.

Really?? I thought we were asked to scan them.

We're from Canada and don't get our MB before arriving. The CM at the airport just looks us up. Although, the last few trips, we just brought our old MBs to scan.

You definitely do not need them, as dansdad mentioned.

When I went into mobile check in there was a check box saying I needed to decline the mb in order to do mobile check in and bypass the front desk check in.

That’s an option. It’s saying IF you don’t want new ones to click that.

At least it was last month when I clicked it for one of my checkins.

If they didn't ship them, then they would have to change the needing the bands to use ME.

Another chining in with “you don’t need them for DME”. You can use them, but you don’t need them. Otherwise you’d never get any new international guests on DME.

I hope this is a glitch and not something they are testing we always get skins for our bands and I take care of before we leave. That’s not something I want to deal with putting on 5 bands once I get to my room o_O like I don’t have enough to worry about LOL!

I booked a last minute trip; I was 13 days out from arriving. (also at CSR) It's been 10 years since my last trip and the Magic Bands are new to me. Anyway, after booking online, chose my MB colors and personalization(s). My account also said to pick up at front desk. However, they arrived 5 days later.

If you click the part that says pick up at front desk in 6 days or whatever, it will open to your band customization screen with a counter that says customize by the 30 day mark, and lists a shipping address. The intro, or splash screen, hasn't matched the information inside the click for about 5 or 6 mos now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter