Resort dilemma for May 2018

Poohbear03

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone....I am in the process looking at resorts for next May. Rack rates have gone up! We have stayed at POR-RS, CSR, AK, and All Star Music. We cannot afford deluxe this time and we really didn't care for Music. So these are the rack rates for May 2018 standard rooms. I do realize there will be discounts offered also, I know that the POR resorts are always less of a discount.
POR is 242
CSR is 219
CBR is 210
POP is 150
Trying to stay somewhat on a budget. Would anyone here recommend one of the resorts that are under construction or would it be an unpleasant stay? Two adults only....and some resort time. I also thought about Sports but it is booked for the dates we wanted. Thanks for any help! These boards are always great for information.

definitely POP with new refurbished room is perfect for 2 and the construction can be avoided is you request a room away from it

Of the ones listed, we have only stayed at POR and POP and would be happy to go back to either one. Maybe consider how you plan on using the resort. If it's just a place to sleep, then I think I would save the money and stay at POP. If the resort stay is a significant part of your vacation experience, then maybe one of the other ones might be work the extra cost.

We have stayed at both numerous times when just the two of us go to WDW. POR is our favorite of the two - there are 5 small pools that are very quiet in addition to the large pool..food court is good plus there is a nice lounge where you can enjoy drinks (plus Yehaa Bob) and the resort's landscaping is lovely --walking along the lake is beautiful and you can jump on the watercraft to Disney Springs. There are so many dips and surges in resort prices when you check online...generally we have found that POR can run around $60-$80 a night more than POP - again, just checking prices daily and grabbing the best rate when it appears.
The last couple of times we have been we stayed at POP because we were going to be in the parks most of the time and it has been perfect for that type of trip...I would select POR if resort time was an important factor to me.

Hi everyone....I am in the process looking at resorts for next May. Rack rates have gone up! We have stayed at POR-RS, CSR, AK, and All Star Music. We cannot afford deluxe this time and we really didn't care for Music. So these are the rack rates for May 2018 standard rooms. I do realize there will be discounts offered also, I know that the POR resorts are always less of a discount.
POR is 242
CSR is 219
CBR is 210
POP is 150
Trying to stay somewhat on a budget. Would anyone here recommend one of the resorts that are under construction or would it be an unpleasant stay? Two adults only....and some resort time. I also thought about Sports but it is booked for the dates we wanted. Thanks for any help! These boards are always great for information.

Obviously POP would be your greatest savings and by May, hopefully, the rooms should all be brand new with Queen beds.

CBR will be under construction in multiple places, with the food court maybe or maybe not open again AND CSR will be having the tower and lake construction happening if you plan resort time.

I would likely pick a brand new POP room over the others, especially since it's a savings of $92 a night from POR (non-construction moderate). Imagine the nice meals you can put that towards, or special events. ::yes::

I've stayed at POR, POP and CBR. (We didn't like POR). Loved POP and CBR. I'd save the money and stay at POP!

We do love POR! That is our favorite Disney Moderate Resort! I would skip CB with all of the constructions. Coronado is not bad at all. I have stayed there twice since the construction started. You can see it in the distance, but it does not affect the experience at all. The only inconvenience is the front entrance is under construction (by the security gate.) You just drive around it. No big deal. The rest did not affect us at all.

It was just DH and I at CSR in May. The construction wasn't much of an impact. We really enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere there. I think because it's more of a convention hotel there weren't as many little kids there. We would definitely stay there again, even with construction going on. Also, they are in the process of refurbishing the rooms, so hopefully by the time your trip rolls around they will all be freshly updated.

Happy planning!

Our TA just booked us 2 POP standard rooms for May 19-27 at $110 a night before tax each. With two queens it was easy for us to pick POP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter