• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Resort date night under 18?

Julia L

Earning My Ears
My boyfriend is 21 and im 17, 18 soon. I'm wondering where can we go at the disney resorts for a classy nice date without it being adults only?

please dont reply just to judge! The age gap is legal in my state and my parents love my boyfriend very much, i just want some advice :)

There are no adults only locations at Disney. Even Victoria and Albert's allows those over the age of 10 so you can go anywhere.

Maybe go bowling at DS (not sure if that counts as classy! haha) or have dinner and see the Cirque show? My husband and I also enjoyed strolling around DS and looking in the shops. Even some of the non-signature restaurants can be very romantic! We really enjoyed Shutters at CBR, for example. What about a carriage ride or a specialty cruise?

Just to clarify, will you be 18 when you go? If so, you could potentially do a spa day with a couples massage. And when is your trip? There might be some fun seasonal things to do!

I think the only true adults-only areas are Jellyrolls and the dance hall at the Boardwalk.

There are no adults only locations at Disney. Even Victoria and Albert's allows those over the age of 10 so you can go anywhere.
Actually there is one location the restricts customers to "Adults Only 21 and over..." after 8 PM. That would be Trader Sam's Grog Groto and Tiki Bar (inside the Poly).

You could still enjoy the outside seating area and watch parts of the Wished Fireworks from the MK.

Dave

Actually there is one location the restricts customers to "Adults Only 21 and over..." after 8 PM. That would be Trader Sam's Grog Groto and Tiki Bar (inside the Poly).

You could still enjoy the outside seating area and watch parts of the Wished Fireworks from the MK.

Dave

True. I just don't consider Trader Sam's a restaurant even though they serve food. It is a bar haha.

I think that the California Grill would be really nice for you. It is not romantic at all, IMO, but it is a nice restaurant with the best view of Wishes in my opinion. I was 25 when I first had dinner there, it was Broadway at the Top of the World, back then, and there were no evening fireworks, but that view from the observation deck was stunning then. It is even better now. I would schedule dinner before Wishes and ask the server to time the meal for you.

Artist Point inside Wilderness Lodge is absolutely beautiful! I'd recommend taking a boat from Magic Kingdom because I think that is probably my favorite trip while at WDW. Anyway, I'd take the boat from Magic Kingdom to Wilderness Lodge, enjoy a nice dinner, and then walk down to the beach to watch Electrical Water Pageant. That'd be a nice combination of romance and Disney whimsy, in my opinion.

Thinking back to when I was 18-21, I would not have been able to afford signature dinner at any Disney Resort -- let alone go to Disney. Do you have an approximation as to how much you might want to spend on the date? Are you staying at a resort on WDW property, are you going to have to buy park tickets to get in? Just doing basic math - let's assume a Value room, and round numbers -- that's $100 for the room $250 for the two of you to get into a park, and at least $100 for dinner for two at any of the TS restaurants which means date night dinner at WDW is going to be bare minimum of $ $450. If that is in the budget -- go for it.

If not, there are a lot of things you can do. You could got to Disney Springs and have a nice dinner there for less $. Do a monorail tour of the Deluxe resorts and have an appetizer at one, a drink by the pool at another (you could get non alcohol and your boyfriend could get served alcohol, and then desert at another.

It all really comes down to how much cash are you willing to give the mouse for datenight?

Tom

Thinking back to when I was 18-21, I would not have been able to afford signature dinner at any Disney Resort -- let alone go to Disney. Do you have an approximation as to how much you might want to spend on the date? Are you staying at a resort on WDW property, are you going to have to buy park tickets to get in? Just doing basic math - let's assume a Value room, and round numbers -- that's $100 for the room $250 for the two of you to get into a park, and at least $100 for dinner for two at any of the TS restaurants which means date night dinner at WDW is going to be bare minimum of $ $450. If that is in the budget -- go for it.

If not, there are a lot of things you can do. You could got to Disney Springs and have a nice dinner there for less $. Do a monorail tour of the Deluxe resorts and have an appetizer at one, a drink by the pool at another (you could get non alcohol and your boyfriend could get served alcohol, and then desert at another.

It all really comes down to how much cash are you willing to give the mouse for datenight?

Tom
We've saved up plenty of money, my parents are paying for our rooms and tickets to the parks. So the dinning and leisure is no big deal

Jellyrolls is also 21 and over only.

That is true. I should have clarified that none of the restaurants are 21 plus. Jellyrolls and the Dance hall really are more bars to me just like TS so I forget about those. Still not places they would go for a nice dinner.

In that case -- first congratulations, that is AWESOME! Second I would either do the monorail resorts and pick whichever of the TS restaurants is to your taste -- my favorite on the monorail is Narcossees, but second is not monorail, Artist Point. If you eat at Narcoossees you can see both the EWP and the fireworks from the restaurant. I second the comments on watching the fireworks from the Poly beach, so you could do coffee from Kona's Café and go out onto the beach.

If you prefer Epcot area, there all kinds of wonderful restaurants -- the majority of which have less kids as they tend to be more TS than QS. We went on a first trip away together last October for Food and Wine and we wandered around Epcot sampling the various cuisines from not just all the Epcot countries, but all the added lands, we watched the glass artists making the beautiful crystal castles and roses etc in Mexico, we wandered through Morocco and Italy, but the moment of our trip -- we had a fastpass for Soarin that got us out with just enough time to see Illuminations -- she turned to me and said "these are the best four days of my life" and we had only been there for one day at that point!

Yep, I'm a sap, lol!

Tom

That is true. I should have clarified that none of the restaurants are 21 plus. Jellyrolls and the Dance hall really are more bars to me just like TS so I forget about those. Still not places they would go for a nice dinner.

For sure, but she didn't specify just a nice dinner.

Dave
More than one, really. Jellyrolls, Abracabar and Trader Sam's all restrict.

In that case -- first congratulations, that is AWESOME! Second I would either do the monorail resorts and pick whichever of the TS restaurants is to your taste -- my favorite on the monorail is Narcossees, but second is not monorail, Artist Point. If you eat at Narcoossees you can see both the EWP and the fireworks from the restaurant. I second the comments on watching the fireworks from the Poly beach, so you could do coffee from Kona's Café and go out onto the beach.

If you prefer Epcot area, there all kinds of wonderful restaurants -- the majority of which have less kids as they tend to be more TS than QS. We went on a first trip away together last October for Food and Wine and we wandered around Epcot sampling the various cuisines from not just all the Epcot countries, but all the added lands, we watched the glass artists making the beautiful crystal castles and roses etc in Mexico, we wandered through Morocco and Italy, but the moment of our trip -- we had a fastpass for Soarin that got us out with just enough time to see Illuminations -- she turned to me and said "these are the best four days of my life" and we had only been there for one day at that point!

Yep, I'm a sap, lol!

Tom

My favorite is Narcoossees as well. But I thought that their age group might like CG too.

I think you should probably give a bit more information on what you would like. Type of food? In park or out?

It looks like you are staying at Yacht and Beach Club.

May I suggest one of the restaurants over at Swan and Dolphin. Check out this link to see the photos of the restaurants. They are really nice. http://www.swandolphinrestaurants.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter