• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Resort Conundrum- Riviera v Yacht Club

Thanks friends! We decided to switch to Riviera... I think the extra space with the limited park hours will be worth it. It will be a new adventure for us and while we will miss Stormalong Bay pool and walking.. I'm hoping that the newness of the Resort and space will let us make our own CL- like stay.. Now I need to research how to do make that happen..;) I love this board- thanks for all your advice!
We did Riviera on our recent trip (first time staying at a DVC resort, which we booked with cash as we are not members and didn't feel comfortable renting points) and loved it. Rooms were some of the best on property. Pools were gorgeous and the kids loved the slides and splash area, and Bar Riva was a really nice semi-outdoor bar next to the pool. You will love the preferred view--it was gorgeous and definitely worth the cost. The free/convenient laundry a big help with little kids producing tons of dirty cloths and cloth masks that need to be washed after use. Finally, the gondolas were so much fun--the kids couldn't get enough of them, and they are such a comfy way to travel with the cool fresh air blowing in and definitely appreciated the one-party-per-gondola rule in the covid era (unlike buses and monorail where the "separations" were a bit of a joke).

Definitely book a character breakfast once if you can--we thought it was very well done, the kids loved the characters and the dipping sauces for their waffles, and the adult-menu waffles and quiche were fantastic. That said, we also had very good food at the quick service, and I usually hate quick service.

Yacht Club all the way! The Rivera doesn't hold a candle to the location, pool, beauty, views and the family vibe. So much more space and fun at the Epcot area location, no question! I love the Yacht Club!! Have a wonderful trip!

We did Riviera on our recent trip (first time staying at a DVC resort, which we booked with cash as we are not members and didn't feel comfortable renting points) and loved it. Rooms were some of the best on property. Pools were gorgeous and the kids loved the slides and splash area, and Bar Riva was a really nice semi-outdoor bar next to the pool. You will love the preferred view--it was gorgeous and definitely worth the cost. The free/convenient laundry a big help with little kids producing tons of dirty cloths and cloth masks that need to be washed after use. Finally, the gondolas were so much fun--the kids couldn't get enough of them, and they are such a comfy way to travel with the cool fresh air blowing in and definitely appreciated the one-party-per-gondola rule in the covid era (unlike buses and monorail where the "separations" were a bit of a joke).

Definitely book a character breakfast once if you can--we thought it was very well done, the kids loved the characters and the dipping sauces for their waffles, and the adult-menu waffles and quiche were fantastic. That said, we also had very good food at the quick service, and I usually hate quick service.

Thank you! We are not DVC either.. did you have housekeeping at all? Do they still have toiletries?

Yes. They came by every other day for “light housekeeping”—changing the towels out and emptying the trash and some light cleaning. They also did a big clean with new sheets and the room fully tidy midway through the stay which I was not expecting given the website description but was nice as we had a 9 day stay.

Yes. They came by every other day for “light housekeeping”—changing the towels out and emptying the trash and some light cleaning. They also did a big clean with new sheets and the room fully tidy midway through the stay which I was not expecting given the website description but was nice as we had a 9 day stay.

Edited because I forgot to add, they did replenish the toiletries every other day.

we have a 9 day stay as well.. im all about housekeeping! thank you!

Love SAB, one of our fav pools, but the two pools at Riviera are gorgeous! Riviera is really special, rooms are so beautiful! The whole resort is really great! That would be a tough call. If you enjoy the Skyliner, then Riviera would be convenient also. We enjoy walking around the Boardwalk, but it was dead end of July. Can't go wrong at either resort! Both are so convenient to HS and Epcot!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter