• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Resort Change by Disney

DVC book up rooms in the fall pretty much at the 11 months mark as it is called Fall frenzy.

So, the options for DVC will be slim to none. Right now, there is very few things left so not much to send for cash, especially studios.
I was thinking of 1 bedrooms for "upgrades", there is availability at SSR and OKW and Kidani.

omg the 7866 number is such a life savor! Working with someone now after holding for just a few minutes. My other call was at the 2 hour 40 minute mark!!
I'm thinking about hanging up and calling this #. I'll give it another few minutes. Anyone have thoughts on this?

Oh my, I love you!!!!! After 2 hours on hold and being disconnected I tried that number and it was for guest services, who picked up immediately. They said they could move me from Music to Pop. Waiting on hold while they do that.
A real MVP here ❤ Called and only waited 10 min maybe. Thank you so much thanks for sharing the phone number.

We are going with another couple and our reservation is linked but 2 separate reservations. Do we each have to call to get our resort changed or can one of us do it? Our resort will be closed when we travel and want to stay at the same resort.

I'm thinking about hanging up and calling this #. I'll give it another few minutes. Anyone have thoughts on this?
I just got off the phone from this number. Was on hold for maybe 10 minutes and then spoke to a VERY helpful CM who moved us from AS Sports to POP (price protected). Today's call was opposite of my experience yesterday. I took the survey at the end and made sure he got all 5's!! :)

OMGosh, I switched up my redialing to the 7866, after a few tries got right thru to a very nice woman who was very confused how I got her, she is in the back end of GS. :oops:
Very nice, bad connection so couldn't hear her great. Long story short, I am at BWI 8/8-8/13, only garden room at CR available. 😞Sooo, I am linking my 2 back up rooms at Dolphin today instead.
Good luck, and thanks for the # tip!!

UT peeps:
Sadly, they could not move me...
GS tried to initiate a change, but the system would not let them, so they contacted Wholesale on a joint call who told them that a move decision has not been made for November yet as the resort might still open, so it was locked from moving.
They put the details of my situation in my reservation so that I will be contacted before wholesale makes any moves due to a medical issue.
Maybe folks with closer dates will have better luck. 😣

[/QUOTE]
I can't get through on that number. Keeps coming up busy or "all circuits are busy"

It may be risky! I'm at the 3 hour mark on my husband's phone.

I just called the 7866 number and the cast member who picked up said this was a "back line" and that she couldn't help me. Should I try calling that number again since other people have had luck??

Last edited:
I was thinking of 1 bedrooms for "upgrades", there is availability at SSR and OKW and Kidani.

Some but I can say that even those are going fast now as I had to switch my late October trip yesterday due to guest changes.

I did hear also though we may get more news soon about opening of more resorts, so once that happens, that will help too!

UT peeps:
Sadly, they could not move me...
GS tried to initiate a change, but the system would not let them, so they contacted Wholesale on a joint call who told them that a move decision has not been made for November yet as the resort might still open, so it was locked from moving.
They put the details of my situation in my reservation so that I will be contacted before wholesale makes any moves due to a medical issue.
Maybe folks with closer dates will have better luck. 😣
Thanks for the update! I'm in July... hopefully they can help

Quick question. Anyone have park passes and changed hotels? Any issues if I link my Dolphin rooms, and then cancel BWI? :scared:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter