• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Resort Change by Disney

Called right at 7.. on hold for 2 hours and 20 mins and just hung up on. I’m so mad 😡 yesterday I was on hold for Almost 7 hours and got hung up on. My trip starts July 24th and seeing people change after me is so upsetting.
I'm sorry that you got hung up on. Happened twice to me yesterday. I am also in July and I'm getting very nervous... hopefully we get some answers soon.

Called right at 7.. on hold for 2 hours and 20 mins and just hung up on. I’m so mad 😡 yesterday I was on hold for Almost 7 hours and got hung up on. My trip starts July 24th and seeing people change after me is so upsetting.
Same thing just happened to me. Yesterday, I was on the phone for almost 9 hours and was disconnected 3 times. I guess it will be another long day for us trying to get through.

Okay, I got picked up around 20 minutes ago! The CM told me that you are supposed to be given the closest accommodation to what you have. If you were booked at AKL like me, they're supposed to just mosey you on over to the DVC side. However, I had Savannah View and the CM yesterday didn't give me that. I also had a King Bed and she told me the Deluxe Studio had a king bed (it does not). So now I'm currently on hold with the CM today as he finds out the logistics of my stay. I basically just wanted the same type of room, with a view. But if AKL doesn't have it for me, then I will have to be moved to GS to be placed in another resort.

Basically, I was told today, if your move is at a similar price point, the first CM can do it. They try their best to match the accommodations you had. If the move is more money, you'll have to be transferred to GS.

My reservation right now is kind of in limbo so I'm on hold before I can go on hold for GS.

Oh my, I love you!!!!! After 2 hours on hold and being disconnected I tried that number and it was for guest services, who picked up immediately. They said they could move me from Music to Pop. Waiting on hold while they do that.
I just called that number and I too got guest services...
UT people, they are trying to see if they can move me. I told them UT said to call them to be moved.

I think that they ran out of DVC rooms in July through the middle of August because those were the only open resorts for them to move people to. As it gets to end of August, they might get more DVC rooms from breakage, and can move Deluxe resort guests to them? Perhaps people will have more luck at the 60 days prior to the last day of their stay.

Why on earth do they not give all the cast members the same information? Everyone has a totally different direction!
I basically told him I wasn't happy with the room I was given since I felt like it wasn't an equal accommodation and he said "Well, not everyone will be happy with what they're given. If you aren't, then don't come. There's no penalty to cancel! We'll be here next year!" I just asked to be transferred to GS and now I'm on hold for an about 30-minute wait.

Last edited:
are they servicing affected guests traveling in september? or will they not be able to adjust my labor day coronado stay?

Still no change in MDE, but guest services said she took off the park hoppers, which was like $100 difference and switched me me from Music to Pop, no additional charge. She said it could take 24 hours to go through. I sure hope so. I can't go through this again. LOL But seriously, it was a direct line to Guest Services and they literally picked up right away.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter