• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Resort Change by Disney

Yesterday was insane and I was unable to get through to anyone. This morning I called right at 7 am PST, 4 am here. I waited on hold about 42 minutes before reaching a CM. CM was super nice and helpful. I mentioned that our resort was going to be closed and I was curious what that meant for our trip. She stated she would check her inventory and then came back a few minutes later and stated that she was unable to find anything and would reach out to Guest Services. I was on hold for about another 15-18 minutes and then she came back and said she was able to find something. Traveling in September. 1 Bedroom Villa Theme Park View room at Bay Lake Tower. I was fully expecting to be move to CBR, and am thrilled with this move! Nothing additional from us. MDE is reflecting the higher amount, but she stated that will adjust itself in the next few days. We were originally booked at French Quarter.

I hope everyone has wonderful luck today getting into contact!

This is exactly what I am hoping for. Also booked in September, was booked at Riverside.

Here was my experience this morning...
Called in at 6 AM CDT (original wait time said 20 minutes)
First CM answered at 7:10 AM CDT (Hold music went silent for 15 minutes before CM answered)
CM said she would transfer me since resort was closed (ASM)
CM came back (didn't sound like it was transferred to GS...hold music did return) after 35 minutes (7:45 AM CDT) and said that I would be moved to Pop Century. She stated at first that I would have to pay a little more, then retracted the statement, and said don't worry about the extra cost. The new process today she said is that they are filling out a form and that your original reservation price would be honored and would be reflected on MDE when that form was processed.

I'm thankful the missing questions I had for July are now answered and can enjoy the rest of my day. I wish you all the best today.

I have been trying to get through for a while now like most of you. I have a question. Would I be able to change my son and his wifes reservation as well as mine? We are traveling together, I have their reservation number. We're linked with tickets but I don't see their hotel although it's ASMo like ours. Rather than have them go through this (they live in California) it would be easier for me to do it if and when I get through. Thanks!

I can’t say for sure, but when we had a previous trip with family in different rooms I could change them as long as I knew the reservation number, their home address, names, phone number. Hopefully that still holds true

My total time on the phone was 1 hr 45 mins. I called in at 7 am. I spoke with a cast member at the 1 hr mark and she coordinated my change with guest services. I had a split stay, CBR on 7/9-7/12 (moved to OKW 1 bedroom villa) and a standard room at poly 7/12-7/16 (moved to a garden view at the contemporary). Both moves were at no additional charge and I was not given an option as to preference. The moves were made and I was able to see the changes in MDE before the CM came back to tell me.

Definitely got lucky this morning! Started calling at 8:15 AM, busy signal; rang thru at 8:28 AM. CM picked up at 8:30 AM - I was floored!! He was SO helpful! July 5th to the 9th. We were at POP and now we're in a one bedroom villa at Saratoga Springs, price protected. pixiedust:
Can I ask which number you used?

Yesterday was insane and I was unable to get through to anyone. This morning I called right at 7 am PST, 4 am here. I waited on hold about 42 minutes before reaching a CM. CM was super nice and helpful. I mentioned that our resort was going to be closed and I was curious what that meant for our trip. She stated she would check her inventory and then came back a few minutes later and stated that she was unable to find anything and would reach out to Guest Services. I was on hold for about another 15-18 minutes and then she came back and said she was able to find something. Traveling in September. 1 Bedroom Villa Theme Park View room at Bay Lake Tower. I was fully expecting to be move to CBR, and am thrilled with this move! Nothing additional from us. MDE is reflecting the higher amount, but she stated that will adjust itself in the next few days. We were originally booked at French Quarter.

I hope everyone has wonderful luck today getting into contact!

What a great move! We’re booked at POFQ in September too and I really don’t know where they’ll move us. Someone posted yesterday that they’re not currently helping UK guests, so I just have to sit tight for a while and wait.

I have been trying to get through for a while now like most of you. I have a question. Would I be able to change my son and his wifes reservation as well as mine? We are traveling together, I have their reservation number. We're linked with tickets but I don't see their hotel although it's ASMo like ours. Rather than have them go through this (they live in California) it would be easier for me to do it if and when I get through. Thanks!
Yes...you should be able to change any/all reservations you're connected to. I do it all the time...currently on hold at almost 2 hrs to change 4 reservations myself.

So I just got the phone with UT. They said the same thing.
I'm calling Disney to plead for a change. It's not right that some folks are getting changed and we have to wait. UT said they were doing mid July and they probably wouldn't get to me until September!!
Resort matters for me because I have a child that has a wheelchair and the hugely spread out resorts are really not ideal when pushing a chair.
Uh oh. This is the second time I have seen September mentioned. Andyman on Sunday in the rumor and news thread said that the only thing undecided was what to do with, say, a December all stars reservation and that they would decide in September. I have been hoping that's wrong. Your situation is more unique and I hope they understand that and settle this for you asap. I could wait until September if I have to.

called the 1936 number and the 7639 number 200x this morning (25 per number and then switched) and finally got through. I got a CM at around 17min of holding (first half was silent). She says she can do the moving for my two affected reservations but she "HAS TO TAKE THE FIRST ONE THAT COMES UP." (emphasis mine) Started calling at 7:02am, got through at around 8:40am on the 1936 number. Total time once I got through was 30 minutes.

On now. The CM said there is a work around and they are able to make changes today and not have to go through GS. Called at 7.

WOW! My one night room-only at POR (8/24) is getting moved to a 2-br at OKW. She is now working on my 3 nights at AKL, but did say that she may have to put me at OKW again because she has to use the first one that comes up. I did say that I would be willing to pay an upcharge to stay at Kidani or Jambo. Cross appendages for me!

YESSSSS!!!! ALK standard view (8/25-28th) moved to Kidani deluxe studio (standard view).

Once she had all of that done, I did ask about adding another ticket day, and she said that because I said I wasn't changing ANYTHING with my package, she was unable to do that at this time because she had already submitted the form for the resort change and price protection. I will call back at the end of next week (depending on what the PRS availability calendar says) and see if I can add one more day of tickets to my package then.....hopefully the dust will have settled at that point.

New resorts are already showing in MDE.

Last edited:
We are at 2 hours and 3 minutes, still not spoken to anyone. I can't even focus at work and I'm not the one calling lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter