• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Resort Change by Disney

75 minutes and counting on the TA line. I dialed exactly at 7am. I still havent reached my first cast member. And no music for me either...it cut out about 15 minutes ago.

Keep us updated. I also have a room reservation through UT. There is only a cancel button on my MDE, no option to change. I'm not going until November, so I'm not panicking yet, and ASMo could, theoretically, be open by then. While I worry Pop will be overbooked if they're trying to shoehorn all the AS reservations there, I'm not going to devote hours to a phone wait only to be told they can't do anything.

Someone reported yesterday that UT is waiting to be told by Disney what to do. I know UT does not have "blocks" of rooms the way some exclusive TAs do, but they do (or did) have access to wholesale inventory, which seems to be separate from direct bookings (which I think is why you can sometimes find an available resort/category on a 3rd party site, but not directly through Disney and vice versa). So, is Disney planning to utilize the wholesale inventory to move wholesale bookings, or is everything being thrown back into the same pot? And if Disney is moving us automatically in stages, I wonder if Disney is initiating it or if UT has to be involved in some way.
So the CM said that Disney will move us but it is automatic. They are still on 7/11. This is the first I’ve heard of that.... I’m going to keep calling Disney to confirm.

I just got off the phone with UT and she basically said the same thing, that Disney is only up to the 11th and that the change will come from them.

7 hours of hold yesterday... one hour of basically nothing today. I check in on 7/16 and I am a bit worried since multiple cast members told me yesterday that they could modify my reservation.

called first thing this morning after not getting through yesterday. Waited one hour and have the great news. I booked AKL CL for July 19. They offered my CR garden wing. No Kidani Village. No Jambo House DVC. No Polynesian. I am devastated. I cancelled. Universal, here we come.

So if I am reading this right. I cannot call if I am booked with a TA? Or can I and see if they will change anything? Seems weird if I wanted to take the time to call for my own reservation that they couldn’t do anything. This is one of the few scenarios I would feel better with control talking to the person on the other line rather then having someone else call for me.
My daughter was on hold for several hours yesterday, only to be told they could only speak to the TA. The TA never got through.

So the CM said that Disney will move us but it is automatic. They are still on 7/11. This is the first I’ve heard of that.... I’m going to keep calling Disney to confirm.

I just got off the phone with UT and she basically said the same thing, that Disney is only up to the 11th and that the change will come from them.

7 hours of hold yesterday... one hour of basically nothing today. I check in on 7/16 and I am a bit worried since multiple cast members told me yesterday that they could modify my reservation.
Well, frankly that's some serious bs, because people calling in now are getting at least some choices, but we just get moved to whatever? So, those of us in November just get whatever's left?
Uh, no way am I accepting that.

called first thing this morning after not getting through yesterday. Waited one hour and have the great news. I booked AKL CL for July 19. They offered my CR garden wing. No Kidani Village. No Jambo House DVC. No Polynesian. I am devastated. I cancelled. Universal, here we come.
I have a Universal package in my cart ready to book. Waiting for some sort of miracle from Disney first.

Well, frankly that's some serious bs, because people calling in now are getting at least some choices, but we just get moved to whatever? So, those of us in November just get whatever's left?
Uh, no way am I accepting that.
At this point... I just need a room 😭 Most people I’ve seen don’t really have a choice, they get some paid options and a free one. Hopefully the move will be lateral or an upgrade... I’ll post if I get any answers. I’ve made over 50 calls and haven’t gotten through except for that very first time.

So has anyone spoken to a cast member this morning? Not GS, just any human... at all? I wonder if their "magical enhancements" are complete yet.

I haven't gotten through to a cast member yet, but when I tried to call last night, the system couldn't find my reservation. This morning it was able to, so I'm taking that as a good sign that the system is probably up and running again.

I called today for the same situation and they said there was nothing they could go.. argh!!! Did you call and ask to speak to a specific person or department?
No, Just put the phone down w/ speaker and waited for 4hrs for GS to pick up. Initial CM answered fairly quickly after hrs of not getting thru and warned me GS was backed up. I told GS who answered that I sympathized with their situation and he was very friendly. He did say the rate was higher but he was adjusting it down to what I was paying at ASMo.

Yesterday was insane and I was unable to get through to anyone. This morning I called right at 7 am PST, 4 am here. I waited on hold about 42 minutes before reaching a CM. CM was super nice and helpful. I mentioned that our resort was going to be closed and I was curious what that meant for our trip. She stated she would check her inventory and then came back a few minutes later and stated that she was unable to find anything and would reach out to Guest Services. I was on hold for about another 15-18 minutes and then she came back and said she was able to find something. Traveling in September. 1 Bedroom Villa Theme Park View room at Bay Lake Tower. I was fully expecting to be move to CBR, and am thrilled with this move! Nothing additional from us. MDE is reflecting the higher amount, but she stated that will adjust itself in the next few days. We were originally booked at French Quarter.

I hope everyone has wonderful luck today getting into contact!

The cm and UT (this morning) said Disney was doing it 🥴 but that they weren’t at my date (7/16) yet... which is the opposite of what the CM told me yesterday before my massive hold
So I just got the phone with UT. They said the same thing.
I'm calling Disney to plead for a change. It's not right that some folks are getting changed and we have to wait. UT said they were doing mid July and they probably wouldn't get to me until September!!
Resort matters for me because I have a child that has a wheelchair and the hugely spread out resorts are really not ideal when pushing a chair.

For those who were moved to a resort that cost more at no additional charge, when did you typically see that balance go down in MDE?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter