• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Resort Change by Disney

Music stopped for me as well. 49 minutes and holding. Haven't made it past the first person yet.
My music stopped yesterday soon after I was transferred to guest services... it stayed like that for the rest of the hold... I thought maybe I got disconnected but didn't want to hang up after the almost 2 1/2 hour wait for the first CM to answer. Glad I didn't bc about 2 hours later guest services answered. It was like a voice out of thin air...no clicks or return of any noise right before she joined.

Hi everyone! Quick question— just got through to the phone lines. Spoke with a castmemember in wholesale (?) since i booked through Undercover Tourist.
The CM said they are moving people in stages and mine will be moved automatically over the next few days... he said it was different for me since I booked through a third party... this is the first time I’ve heard of this... should I call back 😂
Hmmm that's not what wholesale told me yesterday. They told me UT had to do it.

So has anyone spoken to a cast member this morning? Not GS, just any human... at all? I wonder if their "magical enhancements" are complete yet.

Hi everyone! Quick question— just got through to the phone lines. Spoke with a castmemember in wholesale (?) since i booked through Undercover Tourist.
The CM said they are moving people in stages and mine will be moved automatically over the next few days... he said it was different for me since I booked through a third party... this is the first time I’ve heard of this... should I call back 😂

Keep us updated. I also have a room reservation through UT. There is only a cancel button on my MDE, no option to change. I'm not going until November, so I'm not panicking yet, and ASMo could, theoretically, be open by then. While I worry Pop will be overbooked if they're trying to shoehorn all the AS reservations there, I'm not going to devote hours to a phone wait only to be told they can't do anything.

Someone reported yesterday that UT is waiting to be told by Disney what to do. I know UT does not have "blocks" of rooms the way some exclusive TAs do, but they do (or did) have access to wholesale inventory, which seems to be separate from direct bookings (which I think is why you can sometimes find an available resort/category on a 3rd party site, but not directly through Disney and vice versa). So, is Disney planning to utilize the wholesale inventory to move wholesale bookings, or is everything being thrown back into the same pot? And if Disney is moving us automatically in stages, I wonder if Disney is initiating it or if UT has to be involved in some way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter