• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Resort Change by Disney

Over 3.5 hours since being transferred to guest services over here. Silver lining, my new phone's battery is lasting amazingly long, still at 80% after all of this!

And as I'm writing this, the original CM who picked up the phone came back on to let me know the guest services queue is dying down, but there is still a bit more of a wait. Fun times.
Thanks, that is helpful to kind of see where I am at.

( I also had WL reservations) So today I ended up getting Boulder Ridge....how about you?
Awesome, so right there by WL. Glad you got it worked out!

They first offered BWV but it had a king bed and a sofa bed. Hard no because DDs can't comfortably share the sofa bed (23 and 13 YO). Otherwise, I wouldn't have minded that!

I should have held on for Guest Services (she originally said she was going to switch me over but then kept coming back with ideas) but when she said my discount would carry I thought prices would be similar when she offered other DVC (they weren't). Then I asked about AoA suites and I was tired and booked it paying the extra (DDs love that resort). Few hours later not feeling great about it, so I booked a Shades of Green reservation and already feeling much better! As soon as I can link the reservation and make sure our park reservations won't be canceled, I'll cancel AoA.

JUST GOT OFF THE CALL! Here's how it went with guest services:

Nice woman answered the phone and I nearly cried LOL. She took my reservation number, then said she would look to see what moderate was open then. Saw caribbean beach and she said she would check there, I asked about maybe doing contemporary or polynesian but she said she had to check the moderate first and if there weren't rooms she'd check those ones. Turns out there was availability for CB and she booked bf and I a King bed room near the main building! Went back and forth with king vs preferred but ended up on king at her recommendation. Hoping the skyliner is open by then!!!!! Didn't get an upcharge, actually got 50 bucks back which is nice. So hang in there everyone!

EDIT: if anyones ever stayed at CB, let me know! I've been to disney many times and have never stepped foot on that property, so all new territory for me!

We love CBR! It has a very “beachy” vibe and the skyliner is a bonus. Enjoy!

After days of drama with CMs telling me that we would have to pay to move, our change went through just before 9am today (called RIGHT at 7 and waited 1 hour 34 minutes to speak with a CM named Bernice)
Original Res: YC 7/16-21
New Res: Poly std view studio
$400 difference in my favor, which she took off package price. Made park reservations on my laptop while we were on phone.

My CM said she started in reservations for Disney in 1978. She was AMAZING. Did not go to guest services at all. She offered to look up every option available...BWV would have been another $300 less or so, and CR is nice but we love Poly, and we actually use the DVC kitchenette, so we are happy.

Has anyone changed dates today within the 2020 timeframe? I was told my PH tickets would stay but don’t see them in MDE

$400 difference in my favor, which she took off package price. Made park reservations on my laptop while we were on phone.

This is what I'm hoping for. I haven't tried calling yet. Our trip isn't until Sept. Waiting for things to slow down, but we would like to change our dates!

Update to no deluxe availability for the end of July.
Original dates were 7/7-7/14 WL Free dining, 6 day PH, party of 4, 2 adults, 2 kids that are Disney adults
I called back to get a different CM b/c the 1st couldn't transfer me to guests services so she gave me their phone number. I just called the regular number back that's on the reservation. New dates end of July. Same number of nights. She said they would remove the park hopper later. Trying to do it now is messing the system up so they have been told not to do it now.
Availability:
CCV walk in shower studio and others. Didn't really check others b/c we weren't interested in anything other than a studio. Probably would have broke even w/ the cost of losing free dining but gaining 35%.
Contemporary tower only, both sides available. picked Bay Lake side since there's no fireworks
BLT, can't remember what she said b/c we prefer to regular beds. Even w/ 35% this is more expensive, but it always is.
BWV only 1 bedroom available. (The cost of this was b/w the cost of the 2 view options for Contemporary.)
Poly Villas - no availability.
VGF- no availability.
Didn't check anywhere else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter