• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Resort Change by Disney

I'm calling UT tomorrow morning again, and if they still push me off, I'm going to call Disney back and beg them to handle my reservation. I'm stressing that if I get pushed off too long, there won't be many rooms left to move me to.

I haven’t even been Able to get on hold. It just rings a busy signal :( Any tricks?
If the call goes through and it is totally silent just wait a minute. I thought that meant something went wrong and almost hung up, and then I heard the robotic "I'm sorry, I didn't catch that". I then said "reservations" and was immediately put through to a cast member.

My dates were: July 25 - Aug 7
I am keeping my dates

• My original resort was: POFQ - Garden View
  • I originally booked using Sun & Fun discount
  • I am being moved to: AK Kidani Village Deluxe Studio - Standard View
  • My cost increase/decrease is: None (same cost)
  • I made my original reservation myself
  • I wasn’t contacted about my hotel's closure. I called and spent almost 5 hours total on the phone. After the first 1.5 hours, I reached a regular CM who transferred me to guest services. At about 4.5 hours in, I talked with a guest services rep who helped me change my reservation.
  • There are 2 adults in my party
I'm telling myself that I can't get excited for another two weeks or so. I'm really worried about FL's rising Covid-19 numbers. I think it's more likely that my state would put a mandatory quarantine order in place, and then I wouldn't be able to go because I need to return to work after our trip. :-( Anyone else feeling a mix of excitement and stress?

What?!?!?! why did they transfer us to GS? I've been on 28 min. Was told it was 200 min.

Maybe closed most of the agents but not all?

I just got through and they said they’ve closed the guest services line for the night and I need to call back tomorrow 😫
That's crazy! The CM I spoke to told me to call back later tonight when less people were on (like around 1030pm). I'm glad I didn't take that advice. What a mess.

What?!?!?! why did they transfer us to GS? I've been on 28 min. Was told it was 200 min.

Maybe closed most of the agents but not all?
I know. I've been on hold for GS for about 55 minutes. Maybe GS is just full now through 11 p.m. LOL

I think anyone already transferred will be helped. I imagine they just need to prevent more and more people being in queue as it gets later.
oh whew this makes sense. I'm like, I've been on hold with Guest Services for 2.5 hours! I'd be crushed to have someone answer and tell me they couldn't answer!

oh whew this makes sense. I'm like, I've been on hold with Guest Services for 2.5 hours! I'd be crushed to have someone answer and tell me they couldn't answer!
I hear you. I got disconnected after two hours this AM and now have been on for over four hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter