• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Resort Change by Disney

So were you able to reserve using salute tix? I was able to reserve with my regular package tix, but not for my trip with room only, mil. salute. - They are linked.

I'd keep trying! At the time the Salute tickets were the only ones in my account (well DH and DD13 have 3-day Magic Your Way base tickets). Military room only

That is so great for you. I got through first thing this morning and was not given any options to change. Just to downgrade or upgrade and change difference in price. We took a downgrade to POP. This is hard for us all to fit. We have another reservation in September and they won't let us add park days to this stay despite being AP holders and having a hotel reservation. Anyone ever have luck calling back if you take the change and getting them to reverse it and send it to that special team?

Finally got through to a CM. Will have to talk to guest services, but CM said they can move to a comparable or better resort. No upcharge mentioned. Fingers crossed.

Oh my goodness finally got through!! I about peed myself. Talked to someone immediately, she said she has to pass me to guest services. Mentioned there are 511 calls in line ahead of me. Suggested I call later this evening since there is less traffic. She said as long as you get on the line before 11pm EST they have to help you. Not sure if this is helpful to anyone else! Now I wait for a couple hours.

Still on hold for GS! Another note- was finally able to get back into MDE and my resort reservation is still there? Wasn't there before. Weird

Finally got through after a 3 hour hold. Kept my same dates August 3 -10. Was booked at AOA family suite. At first she tried to move me to CBR which sleeps 5 but all in one room. Explained we had paid a lot more for the family suite at AOA for the extra room/bathroom. She put me on hold again and then offered AKL one bedroom villa that sleeps five. I accepted this. There was no additional charge. I know someone earlier had asked about the AOA family suites so hopefully this works out for them as well!

That was me! That would be amazing! Congrats to you! We have overlapping trips so fingers crossed!

Oh my goodness finally got through!! I about peed myself. Talked to someone immediately, she said she has to pass me to guest services. Mentioned there are 511 calls in line ahead of me. Suggested I call later this evening since there is less traffic. She said as long as you get on the line before 11pm EST they have to help you. Not sure if this is helpful to anyone else! Now I wait for a couple hours.
Let us know you do!

That is so great for you. I got through first thing this morning and was not given any options to change. Just to downgrade or upgrade and change difference in price. We took a downgrade to POP. This is hard for us all to fit. We have another reservation in September and they won't let us add park days to this stay despite being AP holders and having a hotel reservation. Anyone ever have luck calling back if you take the change and getting them to reverse it and send it to that special team?
If you have the time to wait, it couldn't hurt to try. I am still waiting to talk to someone about the change. Total time 3 hrs 20 mins and still going...........

My first call was put on hold, then disconnected after 1hr ten minutes on hold. Made it through again and was told I would need to be transferred to guest services. After being on hold for 2 hrs 51 minutes I was told they can’t figure it out and will call me back. 😭

Back story: I was moved to BWI from CBR in Jan bc they were no longer allowing 5 adults in a room, so I am paying moderate price for a deluxe. I think bc we are 5 adults it really limits where they can put us. During my first call they offered 2 BR lock off at Beach Club- for $3000 more!! Uh no thanks!
I was lucky to make all my park reservations this morning, now I just need some place to sleep! Hopefully they will call me back!

Anyone that made their park reservations and then moved resorts due to a resort closure did your park reservations stick?
I have not yet reached the person to talk to on special team about changing. However, I remember seeing at least one post where someone stated that they had changed resorts today and that their park reservations were still in place.....It is probably on this thread somewhere??

Question, at this point we had booked 2 rooms at Pop because we were 7..2 of the "big kids" wont be able to come now, so we (5) could have very well fit in CBR etc for 5 people for much cheaper than keeping 2 rooms at Pop. Do I have any chance of changing this? Is there a point where they will allow modifications to other resorts?

I am super excited for everyone who has successfully had their resorts changed with no upcharge. I am 5 hrs 50 minutes on hold. My original CM who is trying to get me through to GS comes on about every 5 or 6 minutes and lets me know we are still on hold. This is the TA line. I wish I could have called the regular line. Sounds like people are getting through faster there.

Finally, after 6 hours and 36 minutes I got a super nice Guest Services guy that looked into my reservation for me. We were booked in a theme park view room at the Poly and I knew not many things would be better than that. He offered a theme park view room at the Contemporary and I asked if there were any DVC rooms at the Poly and he said he had checked that first and there weren't.

We already had 2 nights at the CR before moving to the Poly so now I guess we will just hopefully stay in one room (I wasn't sure we'd like a split stay anyways). But I'm not going to lie, I am sad to not get our Poly stay. It was a dream for all of us to stay there. Maybe one day.

At first he said that it would be no cost but I knew the CR was actually cheaper than the Poly but I wasn't going to say anything. But once he changed the reservation he did say I would be getting a refund for the difference which was more than I thought it would be so that was nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter