Resort Change by Disney

Thank you so much to all that suggested how to phrase when a CM answered.

I said something like "I'm still planning to come to WDW for my mid-August reservation but I just found out my resort will be closed."

A very nice CM said we'd probably have to go to Guest Services but she wanted to check a few things, which she did, then she verified my info and said she'd get me to Guest Services to see what they can do for me.

On hold now.

And the music is back. I lost it about 15 minutes into the call which is now at 1:31...so not bad at all this go around timewise!
Wow...good going. The CM I spoke with asked very little and said she would transfer me.....that was going on 2 hours ago. On phone 4: 45 As of now.

:worship: Finally got thru after 2.25 minutes on hold. All went smoothly I modified my existing reservation at the YCCL from 8/23-8/30 to 8/24-8/30. I was able to keep the same discount I had with the date change. The only issue was I had to shorten my trip to 6 nights because checkout on 8/31 was not available in my room category. And FYI I had to redial at least 50 times before I miraculously got thru... oh and right after my MDE was updated I was able to pick all 7 park days also with no issue. After being logged in on the website since 8am.......! My Disney love faded just a bit today LOL.

Wow...good going. The CM I spoke with asked very little and said she would transfer me.....that was going on 2 hours ago. On phone 4: 45 As of now.
OMG. Fingers crossed for you!!

The one I have right now is awesome. She came back and offered Boardwalk Villas, which would be great except my two DDs would have to share a sofa bed (26/13 YO) so that wouldn't work. She put me back on hold and is looking around while we wait.

The military rate I have will come forward in case anyone is wondering about discounts. I'd definitely ask! In this case, I didn't even ask. Really great CM

2nd attempt : on hold for 1 hour 20 min. CM came on and looked up our information to confirm our resort would be closed during our stay and transferred me to guest service. This time I did not get disconnected and I’m on hold for Guest services. She said current wait is 2 hours. Hopefully it won’t be that long.

2nd attempt : on hold for 1 hour 20 min. CM came on and looked up our information to confirm our resort would be closed during our stay and transferred me to guest service. This time I did not get disconnected and I’m on hold for Guest services. She said current wait is 2 hours. Hopefully it won’t be that long.
I am just over 2 hours for Guest Services. I hope that means it is almost my turn.

Finally got through after a 3 hour hold. Kept my same dates August 3 -10. Was booked at AOA family suite. At first she tried to move me to CBR which sleeps 5 but all in one room. Explained we had paid a lot more for the family suite at AOA for the extra room/bathroom. She put me on hold again and then offered AKL one bedroom villa that sleeps five. I accepted this. There was no additional charge. I know someone earlier had asked about the AOA family suites so hopefully this works out for them as well!

I've been trying, almost non stop, to get through since 7:00, both to guest service and the resort reservations number. Alternates between all circuits are busy and your call cannot be completed as dialed. My POFQ reservation for 7/17 was booked through UT. Reading up thread, it sounds like I need to check with them? Ugh. On another note, I just got a email notification that the masks I ordered on ShopDisney have been shipped. How ironic.

ETA:
Just got off the phone from UT. I was told that they could do nothing regarding my reservation other than cancel. The rep stated that UT has not been notified by Disney regarding what resorts will be open (even though we all know at this point). She said I will be contacted by UT if/when they get the go-ahead from Disney to make changes. So I'm stuck.

Last edited:
Ok, absolutely nothing to do with resorts!
Once I got in, no problems booking August park reservations, but I could not book a November park day for DD and I (we are splitting our military Salute ticket between two trips, Aug and Nov) and I was able to finally get in the backdoor way with ADRs and wouldyaknowit it finally let me book a MK day for November. Seemed to be easy availability if anyone's worried they didn't get in for the fall.

Maybe there's hope for resorts now too? :)
Pixie dust to all! And May the Force Be With You in making modifications!
So were you able to reserve using salute tix? I was able to reserve with my regular package tix, but not for my trip with room only, mil. salute. - They are linked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter