Resort Change by Disney

So, I've got 3 hotel reservations for the last 3 nights of our trip: Hard Rock Hotel at UO, Hilton Bonnet Creek, and BWI. I am concerned about losing BWI. We have BWV for the first part. Maybe I should make another reservation somewhere else just in case :rotfl2: Now, if they will only let me join my family in the parks with my AP; they have tickets. I only got the darn AP to get a discount on the Wild Africa Trek, which got cancelled. I haven't even redeemed it yet. Normally, I would upgrade our park hoppers to an AP at the parks. Being thrifty may bite me this time. I would be willing to buy a new park hopper to get into the parks, if they would let me.
Are they three different hotels for one night each or three hotels for three nights each (as in three different options)?

I hear you on the AP thing.

Are they three different hotels for one night each or three hotels for three nights each (as in three different options)?

I hear you on the AP thing.

3 different hotels for 3 nights each. So, 3 different places to stay.

Does anyone else feel like the lack of communication is a part of a scheme to get everyone to cancel and / or reschedule at rack rate? It's like they are purposely being vague, difficult and making the entire experience seem as uninticing as possible. I dont know if I like that idea better than this whole thing just being a cluster or not? :p
At times, it feels like a scheme but they really are overwhelmed by the number of modifications to existing reservations.

It's a lot different than the days when you had to mail in one of these!

Poly reservationcard.jpg

I remember those Mail in days. You would apply for a room. And you got what you got.
It was really tough to get a reservation in the early years. You often had to change travel plans to get them to fit around what rooms were available. My sister requested July, got September because that was the closest availability and felt fortunate she was able to get anything.

In some sense, I guess it's a bit like the situation today. ;)

At times, it feels like a scheme but they really are overwhelmed by the number of modifications to existing reservations.

I hope I didnt sound too negative. I didnt mean to. I cant imagine trying to orchestrate all the moving pieces they are in charge of currently! I am finding hope in the fact that Disneyland is modifying guests in the same fashion Disneyworld was. Just want a room and a pool and to be somewhere besides this house with my husband and 3 kids!!!:crazy2:

3 different hotels for 3 nights each. So, 3 different places to stay.
I totally have 2 Disney resort stays at this point cause I had a stay for the 4th of July weekend in case they opened on the 1st and quickly booked the 15th once that day was announced. Just in case I also have and extra reservation for each of these weekends at the Double Tree in Disney Springs 🤣🤣🤣 Someone at work was like, oh, I didn’t know I needed to book 2 hotels anytime I travel....just in case. Lol. Truly crazy times.

I remember back in the day driving north about an hour to Ocala to the Disney welcome center and getting severely discounted rates at the resorts for people coming down from up north. We used to play games with them to get the lowest possible rates....it was so much easier back in the day...or the times we used to find out what the overflow rooms where for conventions and wait till they went into effect and then book at a stupid rate...best overflow rate ever was Yacht club for $110.00 a night for 12 days...now it seems like crazy!!! Resorts open on Monday, and you can't even book next week currently.... I guess I'm looking for normal in an abnormal time

I don't believe for a second they are going to offer a general 35% discount to anyone with a reservation that needs moved and especially if they change dates. Right now, keep your date, no increase in price, no choice of resorts. Move your date and you pay rack rate. I don't expect that to change.

I'm behind so this may have been said. The person that was talking about having a 35% discount said they had free dining. We received an email saying we would have 35%. We have until the end of the year I think to use that discount. I'm not positive on all of details b/c my window has still yet to open.

@Sandisw

It's a lot different than the days when you had to mail in one of these!

View attachment 501802

Thanks for posting this. I always tell people that I stayed with my grandmother at the Contemporary for $29 and they never believe that it was ever that cheap. Of course that was when Motel 6 still cost $6

I remember back in the day driving north about an hour to Ocala to the Disney welcome center and getting severely discounted rates at the resorts for people coming down from up north. We used to play games with them to get the lowest possible rates....it was so much easier back in the day...or the times we used to find out what the overflow rooms where for conventions and wait till they went into effect and then book at a stupid rate...best overflow rate ever was Yacht club for $110.00 a night for 12 days...now it seems like crazy!!! Resorts open on Monday, and you can't even book next week currently.... I guess I'm looking for normal in an abnormal time

i had forgotten about this, but you are right as they often had good deals.

Has anyone tried making dining reservations this morning (June 22-July 10 reservations only)? I called at 7am and have been on hold for 45 minutes.

Has anyone tried making dining reservations this morning (June 22-July 10 reservations only)? I called at 7am and have been on hold for 45 minutes.
I called at 7 and was on hold 25 minutes. They had everything I needed. I hope they get to you soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter