Resort Change by Disney

WOW I hope they are just trying to discourage those with reservations before the reopening to cancel and they aren’t going to do this to those with reservations after the reopening

I don't think it is o discourange anybody. I think it is a simple matter that if you are going to reduce the number of available hotel rooms easiest way to do that is to keep to just the resorts you have to open (DVC) and their attached deluxe resorts. I believe these reports don't mean only DVC rooms but resorts that have a DVC component. Those have to be open so best to conslidate there if you want to reduce number of rooms.

So at this point , we can assume that value or moderates will be closed, or have they met their capacity? So much speculation.

How do you find out if you've been changed in the past, or now if it has happened to you? Phone call, email, MDE just ups and changes?
We got a call in Jan (pre-COVID) when they needed to change our resort. We were booked at CBR and given the option of BW or Yacht. It was a Sunday, early afternoon, the caller ID read Lake Buena Vista Fla.

We’re 7/25 and have heard nothing! All dining was cancelled. We haven’t bought tickets yet but we’re about to when everything shut down. Hopefully since the NBA was announced we’ll all know something very soon! I just really want to know what EXACTLY will be available before I decide to cancel. We’re annual visitors so no parades, fireworks or charters are OK with us. However, loss of attractions and restaurants topped with closed pools would change our mind! Here’s hoping we know something soon!

The players are voting today so I’m guessing will start to at lest get reports on where they are staying and hopefully those guest can start to get some answers

The players are voting today so I’m guessing will start to at lest get reports on where they are staying and hopefully those guest can start to get some answers

I'm hoping that once that gets 100% settled we will start to hear some solid info for our non dvc packages.

We got a call in Jan (pre-COVID) when they needed to change our resort. We were booked at CBR and given the option of BW or Yacht. It was a Sunday, early afternoon, the caller ID read Lake Buena Vista Fla.

Thank you so much! Good to know. Unknown numbers don't always get answered!

This is probably another major reason why new bookings were stopped and no one has been moved yet until they have 100% confirmation of what resort will not be in use for guests.

No offense taken at all. In my “non-Disney” life, I’m an exec in another industry and get the finance side of things all too well (which is also why I’m also particularly sensitive to a cynical financial play that cuts at core product/customer experience, but I digress). At the end of the day, everything is business, even your vacations (sigh). I admittedly do not understand Disney’s costs, but I do understand the revenue side a bit. I am currently booked in at a price roughly 4X of what my value/moderate replacement upgrade client would be. If they want to get rid of me and the revenue I bring, that’s a bit concerning. I see a lot of smart things they are doing (I.e. apparently writing down implementation of this “Genie” system as a COVID cost), but to gamble with both your deluxe and DVC clientele is, I think, risky to the point of desperation. And worrisome to someone who still intends to be long term consumer/investor. But, again, I’m Disney for the long haul, so if I have to sacrifice this summer‘s trip to keep that relationship intact, so be it.

Truly appreciate your response and perspective! These are clearly unprecedented times for all of us and Disney is no exception.

I think this is what they are banking on ... literally and figuratively. :worried: But I don't think they want to get rid of anyone in existing deluxe, I think it would be those in closed resorts that might get cancelled.

For those who are wondering which Walt Disney World Resort Hotels may be opening first some interesting information was released yesterday. One of Disney's employee unions stated that employees are being called back to work on June 14th for some resorts.

Here is a summary:

"The union stated that workers (at locations including Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge, Disney’s Boardwalk Inn, Disney’s Contemporary Resort, Disney Springs, Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground, Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa, Disney’s Old Key West Resort, Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, Disney’s Riviera Resort, Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort, Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, Disney’s Yacht Club Resort, and Disney’s Beach Club Resort) are being called to resume work on June 14."

Link: https://insidethemagic.net/2020/06/...zyUe-adDC1Rwu8D4V75FLV1FGIGiIiJapV94EwYWThE_U

All this is posted further back in the thread with actual screenshots from the union.

If you are being cancelled through June 21st, you can now modify today but only July 11-December 2020. DVC and fort wilderness only. You cannot modify to a value or moderate, that is what is being reported but phone lines are tied up.

Interesting there is the dates go out until December. I wonder if they just put a complete stop on changes at the moment while they figure out the first couple months. I personally can't imagine they all stay closed that long.

And you do have to pay he higher rate. No ability to move and keep current rate (per reports at least)

That is the million dollar question that I think lots want answered.

We all know that in regular times a few folks here and there get upgraded at no cost or your neighbor got a promo code reducing their price BUT this would be a huge number of guests being upgraded to resorts where current reservations paid greatly. Is Disney really going to offer someone a $500 room for $180 they planned to pay? Or is this $500 room being offered at 35% off that unclear offer they put out there? Either way it likely a PR punch.

Thank you so much! Good to know. Unknown numbers don't always get answered!
[/QUOTE]
You’re welcome! When I saw that on caller ID I thought “Hmm, maybe that’s Disney?” Sure enough...
I‘m super happy I answered- that was a nice bit of pixie dust!

GOOD INFO .......... yes, I have had a number of calls from Disney ... once a week of telephone tag. And yes, it never said Disney, only Lake Buena Vista or just the phone number with that area code 407.

While I completely understand the situation, I find it interesting that everyone who has booked and reserved throughout the year are now waiting on NBA/MLS to solidify their plans before before "regular people" can find out what's left for us.

We’re 7/25 and have heard nothing! All dining was cancelled. We haven’t bought tickets yet but we’re about to when everything shut down. Hopefully since the NBA was announced we’ll all know something very soon! I just really want to know what EXACTLY will be available before I decide to cancel. We’re annual visitors so no parades, fireworks or charters are OK with us. However, loss of attractions and restaurants topped with closed pools would change our mind! Here’s hoping we know something soon!

We are 7/11 ! If we are going to be cancelled I would like to know soon so we can plan something else!!!!

I think this is what they are banking on ... literally and figuratively. :worried: But I don't think they want to get rid of anyone in existing deluxe, I think it would be those in closed resorts that might get cancelled.

All this is posted further back in the thread with actual screenshots from the union.

Interesting there is the dates go out until December. I wonder if they just put a complete stop on changes at the moment while they figure out the first couple months. I personally can't imagine they all stay closed that long.

That is the million dollar question that I think lots want answered.

We all know that in regular times a few folks here and there get upgraded at no cost or your neighbor got a promo code reducing their price BUT this would be a huge number of guests being upgraded to resorts where current reservations paid greatly. Is Disney really going to offer someone a $500 room for $180 they planned to pay? Or is this $500 room being offered at 35% off that unclear offer they put out there? Either way it likely a PR punch.

From TA FB reports so far, guests who are trying to modify, as of this morning, are not being offered any type of blanket discount due to the closures. I believe some were trying to see if they could still get Sun and Fun added, but I'm not sure what the outcome of that was.

From TA FB reports so far, guests who are trying to modify, as of this morning, are not being offered any type of blanket discount due to the closures. I believe some were trying to see if they could still get Sun and Fun added, but I'm not sure what the outcome of that was.
where are you seeing these posts on FB exactly?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter