Resort Change by Disney

DISCLAIMER: This is information just to keep in mind and is fluid with so much for Disney to coordinate. It came from an inside source this week. Things could happen this way or not; but this is what they've been told most recently.

They said some may get moved, some may get cancelled.
This gave me a panic attack. :scared1: My luck would have us be ones that got cancelled while everyone else got moved. Hoping and praying that enough people cancel on their own that no one is cancelled against their will.

Based on the CM recall I would say Grand Floridian. It's the only one not listed. Maybe it's being reserved for NBA.
Grand Floridian housekeeping and restaurants are being recalled. So is Yacht and Beach and all other I can see too.

What is the one deluxe not opening?

I'm going to guess it's YC. When you look at the housekeeping and food and beverage CM recall list, it's the only resort that doesn't have any food or beverage locations opening - there is no way, IMHO, they can feed everyone at YC/BC/BCV with just BC Marketplace and B&C open. https://www.facebook.com/pg/OrlandoWorkers/posts/?ref=page_internal

Every resort listed is either DVC exclusively or a deluxe resort with a DVC sister resort.

I feel like we are now heading into the rumors thread territory . . . LOL!

Edited to add: When I say food and beverage locations, the YC Marketplace and Ale & Compass aren't listed.

Based on the CM recall I would say Grand Floridian. It's the only one not listed. Maybe it's being reserved for NBA.

Actually it is being reported via the union that Grand Floridian CMs are being recalled.

I don't want to say at this point as the reason they were told is very particular and not something I am comfortable sharing at this point. It can probably be figured out which one as info is released based on some that came out tonight on CMs being recalled.

I'm going to guess it's YC. When you look at the housekeeping and food and beverage CM recall list, it's the only resort that doesn't have any food or beverage locations opening - there is no way, IMHO, they can feed everyone at YC/BC/BCV with just BC Marketplace and B&C open. https://www.facebook.com/pg/OrlandoWorkers/posts/?ref=page_internal

Every resort listed is either DVC exclusively or a deluxe resort with a DVC sister resort.

Edited to add: When I say food and beverage locations, the YC Marketplace and Ale & Compass aren't listed.
I don’t think you could feed BCand BVC with just B&C and Marketplace lol

Actually it is being reported via the union that Grand Floridian CMs are being recalled.

I don't want to say at this point as the reason they were told is very particular and not something I am comfortable sharing at this point. It can probably be figured out which one as info is released based on some that came out tonight on CMs being recalled.
According to the housekeeping list all deluxe are list .

According to the housekeeping list all deluxe are list .

Great :crazy2: that’s where we are booked YC glad I have reservations at Universal too. I was waiting to see what happens before I canceled one vacation.

DISCLAIMER: This is information just to keep in mind and is fluid with so much for Disney to coordinate. It came from an inside source this week. Things could happen this way or not; but this is what they've been told most recently.

We all know the DVC and campground will be opening first. They were told that when Disney begins to open it will be Deluxe resorts only minus one. Moderates and Values will not open at the beginning - this would be why the information about moving guests. It gets further complicated as they are looking at each individual reservation ... and guests will be handled individually, so what you hear happens to someone else might not happen to you. They said some may get moved, some may get cancelled.

In resorts, obviously there will be lots of operational changes to reduce guest/CM interactions.

Yes, discussion is that CSR will be reserved for two sports leagues but that is still in negotiations. With values and moderates closed, so will be the skyliner, for now. No boats from resorts to parks; they will use monorail or buses or walk. This is to avoid close quarters and constant sanitizing. Ferry boat will operate to MK and sounds like non-Disney guests will not be using monorail to MK reserving for guests. Boats will be used for FW and WL. I suppose not using for monorail resorts gives them more boats for those resorts, carrying less people.

AGAIN, this was shared by someone inside, who works resorts and has been there for years. Plans are ever evolving and changing. I share it because if I were booked I would want to be prepared for just about anything happening. What was shared seemed so, wow, but made sense and I can't blame them for wanting to open safe, and the best way financially.
This actually makes a lot of sense. I understand that this is not confirmed, but I appreciate you sharing. Thank you.

It gets further complicated as they are looking at each individual reservation ... and guests will be handled individually, so what you hear happens to someone else might not happen to you. They said some may get moved, some may get cancelled.

What would they be looking at to decide if you get moved or cancelled? What's the criteria.....tickets included in package, booked first, cancelled on already, mod vs value, and so on.....?
Mild panic attack over here. I only thought I was already going crazy over this trip.

I was writing down the resorts and for some reason missed GF. Thanks for the clarification/correction! I thought it was kind of weird. Much appreciated!

We all know the DVC and campground will be opening first. They were told that when Disney begins to open it will be Deluxe resorts only minus one. Moderates and Values will not open at the beginning - this would be why the information about moving guests. It gets further complicated as they are looking at each individual reservation ... and guests will be handled individually, so what you hear happens to someone else might not happen to you. They said some may get moved, some may get cancelled.

In resorts, obviously there will be lots of operational changes to reduce guest/CM interactions.

Yes, discussion is that CSR will be reserved for two sports leagues but that is still in negotiations. With values and moderates closed, so will be the skyliner, for now. No boats from resorts to parks; they will use monorail or buses or walk. This is to avoid close quarters and constant sanitizing. Ferry boat will operate to MK and sounds like non-Disney guests will not be using monorail to MK reserving for guests. Boats will be used for FW and WL. I suppose not using for monorail resorts gives them more boats for those resorts, carrying less people.

AGAIN, this was shared by someone inside, who works resorts and has been there for years. Plans are ever evolving and changing. I share it because if I were booked I would want to be prepared for just about anything happening. What was shared seemed so, wow, but made sense and I can't blame them for wanting to open safe, and the best way financially.

I feel as if CBR, POP/AOA/ riveria will be open skyliner is the easiest form of transportation to socially distance.

Great :crazy2: that’s where we are booked YC glad I have reservations at Universal too. I was waiting to see what happens before I canceled one vacation.
My YC reservation from 1 to 11 July was cancelled by WDW (confirmed by my US TA). My YC CL reservation from 12 to 19 July is still active.
If they are considering each reservation individually, both my daughter and I are APH and although the reservation was made by a US TA, we are from the U.K. I was holding on to the hope that the first reservation would stand, so that we could attend any AP preview days. Still no communication from WDW.

Remember, this recalled list is for the June 22nd open which is only DVC and FW. Of course they wouldn't have anything at YC for food and no other resorts called back because there is no DVC there. These people are not being called back until a week before opening. I have a feeling there will be another list of resort staff call back at the end of June for the July 11th opening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter