Reservations? We don't need no stinking reservations, we do it TODD'S way! COMPLETE

Thanks for the confirmation on the pancakes. But as far as the French toast goes....do you not like theirs specifically, or do you just not like it in general?

(I feel just the slightest bit silly asking these questions regarding a breakfast that I won't be eating for about another month and a half :))

Dont feel silly :upsidedow

I dont like french toast at all but my husband does, it has to be something special though, not just a plain bread dipped in eggs and thrown on a grill...he likes it with a spice to it or a flavor. At Kona it is nothing special and honestly not worth the wasted calories.

When I make it at home I use a thick cut cinnamon bread and mix egg beaters, fat free cream, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla and some sugar and let it soak in the mixture until it is almost falling apart and then I put it on the griddle...it gets nice and creamy on the inside but somewhat crispy on the outside, no butter or syrup needed although Todd smothers it in both :laughing:

If you get the BK platter the pancakes are plain with the pineapple sauce on them but there are no nuts. I asked if they could use the regular macadamia nut batter for the BK platter and they told me no

I have ordered the regular macadamia nut pineapple pancakes and they are delicious but very rich and filling and not sweet if you ask for the pineapple butter sauce on the side, that way you can control how sweet you want it.

When I get the platter I always tell them to omit the french toast (I dont like it) but add extra pancakes and that works well for us.

DH is a french toast fiend and enjoyed the ones from GFC and Olivia's

Agreed :thumbsup2

I just want to say,@ Olivia's, I had THE BEST breakfast I have EVER had in my life. The banana bread french toast. I take it this is what ur husband had. It is worth feeling yucky after!! :laughing:

When I make it at home I use a thick cut cinnamon bread and mix egg beaters, fat free cream, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla and some sugar and let it soak in the mixture until it is almost falling apart and then I put it on the griddle...it gets nice and creamy on the inside but somewhat crispy on the outside, no butter or syrup needed although Todd smothers it in both

sounds really good. :thumbsup2

Hey, since I've not seen you over on my PTR, I figured I better come see you. ;)

I'm thinking of pulling a Todd and cancelling all my ADR's and just winging it. Free dining ends before our dates, and I keep changing my mind about where to eat. Plus I have too many darn meals for the dining plan (yes, we paid for it) and I don't know which ones to cancel. :confused3

When I make it at home I use a thick cut cinnamon bread and mix egg beaters, fat free cream, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla and some sugar and let it soak in the mixture until it is almost falling apart and then I put it on the griddle...it gets nice and creamy on the inside but somewhat crispy on the outside, no butter or syrup needed although Todd smothers it in both :laughing:
That sounds really good. I can be pretty picky with French toast though, like eggs I need them cooked just right.

I just want to say,@ Olivia's, I had THE BEST breakfast I have EVER had in my life. The banana bread french toast. I take it this is what ur husband had. It is worth feeling yucky after!! :laughing:

Actually he had the chocolate mango french toast and it was unlike anything we have ever tried before...your basic french toast with dried mango and dark chocolate chips...fantastic!

Hey, since I've not seen you over on my PTR, I figured I better come see you. ;)

I'm thinking of pulling a Todd and cancelling all my ADR's and just winging it. Free dining ends before our dates, and I keep changing my mind about where to eat. Plus I have too many darn meals for the dining plan (yes, we paid for it) and I don't know which ones to cancel. :confused3

I get the subtle hint babe :rotfl2:

Now why the heck would you want to put yourself through that??? You know the places you like to eat at but I think you should try some new joints, step outside the comfort zone a bit. Trust me, you will be suprised at the new stuff you will like.

That sounds really good. I can be pretty picky with French toast though, like eggs I need them cooked just right.

Even I like them...I used to use cinnamon but the the pumpkin pie spice adds so much flavor

I get the subtle hint babe :rotfl2:

Hey, I figure since you are a BIG part of the PTR, you should be there. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Now why the heck would you want to put yourself through that??? You know the places you like to eat at but I think you should try some new joints, step outside the comfort zone a bit. Trust me, you will be suprised at the new stuff you will like.

Hey, we are trying two new places -- Via Napoli and Raglan Road; plus we're going back to 50s Prime Time where we've not been in 12+ years.

Actually he had the chocolate mango french toast and it was unlike anything we have ever tried before...your basic french toast with dried mango and dark chocolate chips...fantastic!

Oh!That sounds very different! I might have to try it. He's gotta try the Banana Bread one if u guys haven't already! I'm just getting into the reviews so I don't think I saw anyone w/ a pic of it. :confused3 But it's awesome.

Max and I will be over for breakfast tomorrow! :rotfl:

:rotfl2: Too funny!

I cannot believe I missed a complete MickeyNicki trip report. Darn work :rotfl2:. Sounds like Todd had some AMAZING luck on this trip. You both should have played lotto ;). Glad to hear you enjoyed POFQ. I am still deciding if we will do a split stay there to try it out. I have always wanted to try the beignets, but now...not so much. Thanks again for another fabulous trip report!!!

hmmmm I wonder what it is about your reports that always leaves me hungry!:rolleyes:

That happens to me when I read this board!

Hey, we are trying two new places -- Via Napoli and Raglan Road; plus we're going back to 50s Prime Time where we've not been in 12+ years.

Well there ya go...new places for Mr & Mrs Romeo :lovestruc

Oh!That sounds very different! I might have to try it. He's gotta try the Banana Bread one if u guys haven't already! I'm just getting into the reviews so I don't think I saw anyone w/ a pic of it. :confused3 But it's awesome.

I dont think they have it anymore but it was amazing. I think the banana bread french toast took its place. I am about to cancel our Cape May departure breakfast and book Olivia's instead..its right next to our resort and so easy for us to zip over...its a nice funky little place.

Max and I will be over for breakfast tomorrow! :rotfl:

No, come over Sunday, that is when I am making it! :rotfl: Are we down to 11 days? I am so excited for you guys!

I cannot believe I missed a complete MickeyNicki trip report. Darn work :rotfl2:. Sounds like Todd had some AMAZING luck on this trip. You both should have played lotto ;). Glad to hear you enjoyed POFQ. I am still deciding if we will do a split stay there to try it out. I have always wanted to try the beignets, but now...not so much. Thanks again for another fabulous trip report!!!

What matters is that you found it :lmao: Todd had very good luck this time, except for his favorite type of food, Hibachi! We just loved the POFQ, last night I found out 100% that our vacation is on (thought we would have to change our dates for his work) and he said to me "All I want to do is stroll down those streets and get a drink by the pool, take the boat to DTD...basically go back to POFQ" That is cool with me! Hopefully the next 3 months and 3 weeks will fly by :rolleyes1

Hi Nicki,
I know I'm late to join, but I just wanted to say I read your entire report and I :lmao: !

You are a very entertaining couple and you obviously have a lot of fun together. I appreciate your thorough dining reviews, and your glowing review of POFQ has me super excited for our upcoming stay at POFQ - we arrive on July 30th :dance3:

After our July/Aug stay, I'm wondering if we'll be changing our October POR ressies to POFQ???:rolleyes1

I look forward to your future reports and I think I'll go back and start reading your old ones! ;)

Hi Nicki,
I know I'm late to join, but I just wanted to say I read your entire report and I :lmao: !

You are a very entertaining couple and you obviously have a lot of fun together. I appreciate your thorough dining reviews, and your glowing review of POFQ has me super excited for our upcoming stay at POFQ - we arrive on July 30th :dance3:

After our July/Aug stay, I'm wondering if we'll be changing our October POR ressies to POFQ???:rolleyes1

I look forward to your future reports and I think I'll go back and start reading your old ones! ;)

Hi there! So glad you joined in!

I hope you have an amazing time at POFQ like we did...I cannot wait to go back there in Oct..it is such a wonderful resort. When you get there take a walk over to POR..when we did that and noticed how packed it was and then back at our resort it was so quiet it was a no brainer for us, from now on we stay at POFQ :lmao:

Loved your review-- thanks for sharing! I'll be following along on your next one too!

Loved your review-- thanks for sharing! I'll be following along on your next one too!

Thanks so much! The new one will start when we get back on Oct 30...there should be lots of yummy pics!

Had to stop and give praise to the Disney Dining Queen! I've been a lurker of your dining reports for awhile now. You two are great and usually leave me in stitches after each segment. Another great report! And it made me so excited to get back to my beloved POFQ. :)

Had to stop and give praise to the Disney Dining Queen! I've been a lurker of your dining reports for awhile now. You two are great and usually leave me in stitches after each segment. Another great report! And it made me so excited to get back to my beloved POFQ. :)

Thank you! I hope you have a great time at POFQ, I cannot wait to get back there either!

Great report as usual.:worship:
You are inspiring me to do one of my next trip. I have never done one before. Yours are so great! I'll be doing the DxDDP and can not wait. Just making reservations has been so much fun! I can't wait to finally get there.

So much fun to read! What on earth do husbands have against ADRs?? Staying at FQ in 3 weeks, with a full schedule of ADRs of course ;)

Great report as usual.:worship:
You are inspiring me to do one of my next trip. I have never done one before. Yours are so great! I'll be doing the DxDDP and can not wait. Just making reservations has been so much fun! I can't wait to finally get there.

Thanks for reading it! I hope you decide to do a dining report, they are as much fun to write as they are to read!

So much fun to read! What on earth do husbands have against ADRs?? Staying at FQ in 3 weeks, with a full schedule of ADRs of course ;)

I have no clue but my husband loves to change it up on me! I hope you love the FQ as much as we did...cannot wait to get back there

For our Oct trip we have all our dinner ressies booked and I hope they stay that way :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter