Reservation Questions

DisPhanatic

Mouseketeer
Good morning!

My family will be visiting Discovery Cove for the first time in early May 2017. I have a few questions about reservations and tickets. I'm sure you can help!

- I have 3 tickets for dolphin swim purchased through the DC website. If I want to add one more person, what is the easiest way to do that?

- If I add the new person at a regular DC ticket, can I upgrade to the dolphin swim later? How do I do this?

- When do I reserve my swim time for the dolphins?

- How soon should I book the SeaVenture if we want to do that?

- How do I use the tickets at SeaWorld and Aquatica? How does this differ if I go to DC first? If I do DC after SeaWorld?

- Should I purchase the $30 parking pass for SeaWorld and Aquatica?

Thank you!
DisPhanatic

1. I think adding by phone would be the easiest. But I guess you could just do a one person on the website for the same day, and that may be just as easy. Though I assume you'd like the reservations to be linked, so calling and adding to yours may be the way to go.
2. I think you can upgrade when you check in, but you may want to call to make sure there is room for you.
3. Swim time is assigned when you check in. Generally, the earlier you check in, the earlier swim time. We like earlier swim times, as it gives us the rest of the day to do whatever we want, rather than watching the clock.
4. I'd book SeaVenture as soon as you are sure you want to do it. If not sold out, you can book it when you check in. I don't remember it being sold out when we've gone, but if it is something you really want to do, I'd book it now.
5. The only difference in tickets is that if you go to Aquadica or SW before DC, you get your lanyard there. If do DC first, get lanyard there, and that lanyard gets you into all 3 parks.
6. Parking at SW and Aquadica is 20 or more dollars, so if you think you'll be visiting those other 2 parks, then I would definitely buy the parking pass. It's good for 14 days from first use. We did that one year when we had the ultimate package, and used it to park at BGT twice, SW 3 times, and Aquadica 2 times. We definitely thought the $25 we had paid for the parking pass a good deal.

Have a great time. We did our 3 time, 2nd time at Christmas, this past December. While we liked the summer visit maybe the most, but my teens wanted DC for Christmas several years ago, and this past year. It's a wonderful, relaxing day.

Thanks so much, Lynne G. We are really looking forward to it! You answered everything I needed.

5. The only difference in tickets is that if you go to Aquadica or SW before DC, you get your lanyard there. If do DC first, get lanyard there, and that lanyard gets you into all 3 parks.

Have a great time. We did our 3 time, 2nd time at Christmas, this past December. While we liked the summer visit maybe the most, but my teens wanted DC for Christmas several years ago, and this past year. It's a wonderful, relaxing day.

We went in Nov, SW first, and was just given a paper ticket good for 14 days. Once we checked in to DC we received the id cards. Those id were used when we went back to SW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter