• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Res for 4 or 5? Need help!

mhawk4

Mouseketeer
We will be staying at AKV from December 22-28. At the moment it is my DH, and 2 DD who are 8. There is about a 50/50 chance that my grandmother who will be 90 in November will be coming with us. Our room is booked and our airline tickets have been bought. My grandmother said she would tell us by mid-July if she will go or not. If she does go, we will buy her a refundable ticket or buy a ticket and get insurance.

Tomorrow I can make all of my dining reservations. Should I make them for 4 or 5? Which is easier, going down one person or up one person?

Thanks!!!!

Going down a person would be easier, especially with the odd number. That is what we are doing. My mother most likely will be with us on our next trip. But whether her feet make it to all our meals is another story :rotfl:

Book for 5.

When you get to the podium, if grandma isn't with you, just let them know it'll be 4 as gradma backed out.

If the reservation requires a credit-card hold, you'll want to know beforehand though so you can get it knocked down to 4 ahead of time (or you'll be charged for the extra person not showing up).

I'm no food service expert, but I believe restaurants are set up w/ tables for 2, 4, 6, 8 etc.. If you book for 4 they'll reserve a 4 top table, and if you show up with 5 they may not have a big enough table reserved.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter