• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

requesting mattress toppers/ different pillows?

auntrenae

Dis Veteran and CM
I heard that on some cruise lines you can request mattress toppers for the beds and different types of pillows, ie down/feather, memory foam etc. Does DCL do this?

I heard that on some cruise lines you can request mattress toppers for the beds and different types of pillows, ie down/feather, memory foam etc. Does DCL do this?
I'm pretty sure that Concierge has a pillow menu, but I'm not sure there are mattress toppers.

Several years ago our stateroom host on the Wonder thought I looked tired (thanks?) and offered to bring me an egg-crate mattress topper. Maybe he thought the mattress was older than the other beds he took care of? Anyway, a mattress topper isn't totally outside the realm of possibility.

That said, the DCL mattresses we had since then have been very comfortable.

2 years ago I had a memory foam pillow delivered to my stateroom after I asked if there were any firmer pillows. I don't normally have any problems with the pillows and on over 15 cruises have never asked but those ones were just uncomfortable that time.

Thanks for all the information! I am terribly spoiled at home with a memory foam topper on my bed and down pillows. On our previous cruises, we've had a hard time sleeping because the mattresses and pillows were uncomfortable, but it's been several years, so maybe they are better now. It sounds like they've improved!

Thanks for all the information! I am terribly spoiled at home with a memory foam topper on my bed and down pillows. On our previous cruises, we've had a hard time sleeping because the mattresses and pillows were uncomfortable, but it's been several years, so maybe they are better now. It sounds like they've improved!
Possibly you were on the ships when they still had the twin beds they pushed together to form the queen bed? The main bed in the rooms now is an actual queen bed (no middle ridge).

Possibly you were on the ships when they still had the twin beds they pushed together to form the queen bed? The main bed in the rooms now is an actual queen bed (no middle ridge).
Could be, Our last cruise was, sadly, in '05. before our first granddaughter was born! We're just now getting back into cruising, now that we aren't getting anymore 'new' grandbabies! We have 14 of them now, and our kids say they're done...

If Mike Lindell is aboard your cruise, I would think all kinds of bed products might be available. He is the "My Pillow" guy. Just a thought...

We just got back from our 5 day/4 night cruise on the Dream, and we did ask our steward about getting an egg crate mattress topper as our mattress was very hard.... we were totally shocked when we came back to our room that night to find A 2" MEMORY FOAM TOPPER!!! It made the rest of our cruise! Needless to say, our room steward got a little something extra in his tip envelope! sorry for double post, don't know why that happened, can't remove it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter