Replacements for old favorites?

suevee

<font color=red>I am in a frenzy!<br><font color=r
Our last trip was in June 2004. Previous to that we had been about five times in three years. Now I am planning a trip for Feb 2006. Due to "fiscal constraints" I don't see a trip doable in 2005. We are planning to introduce newbies to the World when we go and I want to get as much enjoyment out of the planning as possible, so I start pretty early.

BUT, as I started to think, think, think (as Pooh would say) I realized that on our last trip we missed a lot of favorites that had gone away. Will there be any replacements by the time we have our trip?

Some of the things I miss are the Hunchback of Notre Dame Show, Small World, Dreams parade in Epcot, Masquerade in Epcot, the stilt walkers in Epcot, Wonders of Life pavilion, CoP (I know this is seasonal, but it is rarely available when we go), changes in the Land Pavillion, the Sea Pavilion and under the Spaceship Earth exits....Then there is also the long ago rides like 20K and the Skywalk...It just seems a lot of things are gone. Is it only me?

Events usually follow the particular "celebration" that the World is highlighting at the time, so there is always the risk that a certain parade will have ended while a new themed one is beginning.
The rehabs in the Land-Sea-Space area of EPCOT are complete and you can now enjoy all the attractions in that area at their finest. (we tripped through years of rehab on Mission:Space where that area was totally off limits).
If you go off-season, again, there is a greater risk of having the "classics" closed for rehab than if you go in prime season. Small World was probably being repainted, etc. during your last trip. The wonderful thing about WDW is that there are always new classics to begin enjoying: Mickey's Philharmagic in MK comes to mind; the new celebration beginning in May of 2005 which will have the Castle in MK beautifully redecorated for the occasion and one or more new events in each of the Parks. you can go on allearsnet.com to see what rehabs are scheduled for the specific dates of your trip. WDW.com has information about the upcoming 18 month celebration.
Try not to be disappointed on ones you miss--that's what next trips are for! :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter