Renting points?

Isn't renting the same thing though? Technically someone is still profiting regardless of what you call it. I'm so lost.

Isn't renting the same thing though? Technically someone is still profiting regardless of what you call it. I'm so lost.
Not really. If you could access the points yourself, you would need to be able to access reservations.

When renting a reservation, the DVC member makes the reservation (subject to DVC rules and availability) and has control of the reservation the whole time.

Are you asking how do you rent points from someone or do you rent your points out?

Question along the same lines here. I am a DVC member as well as my sister. My adult daughter would like to 'rent' from my sister. I have a trip booked so my daughter would like to book a studio next to me. How do we do this? Will my sister need to call and book with giving the names of who is using the room and request it close / next to my reservation? Then can my daughter take it from there? Any details you can provide would be great.

Pacvii Easiest way to do this is have your sis book the points (I prefer online as much faster). She can put your daughters info in there and note she's a guest not the member. This only let's Disney know that your daughter can't do certain things to the reservation that a member can it's no biggie.

And as far as getting room next to you it's never guaranteed even if you had booked both rooms. What my gf and I did is we noted at checkin we wanted to be close and they had us 2 rooms apart on the same floor. It wasn't a huge deal to us to be right next door.

Thank you. Understand they may not be next to me but just hope for close.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter