• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Renting points & Dining plan?

Brooknwdw

DIS Veteran
Hi! I haven't posted in a while so I hope this hasn't been addressed & I missed it. I just noticed someone posted that DVC members can get the dining plan, and I am wondering if you RENT points FROM a DVC member, can you purchase the dining plan? Is it the same price as it is with a MYW package?

TIA! :wave2:

That would be a good thing to know. As far as I have seen DVC members can NOT get the MYW dining package. If it has changed, I definitely want to know about it.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can shed some light.

At the recent annual meetings it was announced that beginning in January members can add the dining plan for trips April and out.

There was a long discussion of it on this page under the BWV annual meeting thread.

As for renters, I haven't read about that. :confused3

okay, thnx for the replies...I will keep my eye out for more on the subject. I know it is fairly new.

I am thinking that...if a dvc member can reserve a room for a guest under their name, then they could also get the dining package, too?
That would be awesome b/c we really enjoyed staying at BWV the year before last, renting points.
Last year, we did a package & stayed at ASsports just to get the dining, it was great, too!

Thanks again! :flower:

Brooknwdw said:
okay, thnx for the replies...I will keep my eye out for more on the subject. I know it is fairly new.

I am thinking that...if a dvc member can reserve a room for a guest under their name, then they could also get the dining package, too?
That would be awesome b/c we really enjoyed staying at BWV the year before last, renting points.
Last year, we did a package & stayed at ASsports just to get the dining, it was great, too!

As another member pointed out, they could require a blue member card to do this. You never know.

Brooknwdw said:

It is just a guess on my part but I imagine those renting will be able to add the plan. WDW must have run the numbers and felt it was worth their while to offer the plan to DVC members staying on points (and perhaps as rumored to AP holders). If that is the case, it would follow that it would profit WDW to offer it to anyone staying in a DVC resort.

Thanks guys..my next trip is not for a while yet, so maybe someone out there renting points will get the dining plan, & will let us all know about it! :sunny:

While making ressies yesterday, I asked if Renters or Guests can have the Dining Plan. First Guide had to ask a supervisor, and said yes. (Booked a vacation for my parents), later while booking a rental, the second guide also said yes (without asking a supervisor).

I am assuming that the guides (and supervisor) are correct, and that guests and renters can purchase the plan!

-Tony

Tony, did they say how this would work. If DVC wanted to, they could make the member buy the plan for the renter. With a guest (someone you know and trust), that might be fine, but with a stranger I'm not sure if I'd want a few hundred more in credit card charges. If the renter can add the plan at concierge, that would be great, if the member needs to add through guest services, that could cause problems.

Not sure, but I thought I read somewhere that you would have to pay for the dining plan when you arrived, not before.
Debbie :)

crisi said:
Tony, did they say how this would work. If DVC wanted to, they could make the member buy the plan for the renter. With a guest (someone you know and trust), that might be fine, but with a stranger I'm not sure if I'd want a few hundred more in credit card charges. If the renter can add the plan at concierge, that would be great, if the member needs to add through guest services, that could cause problems.

Sorry I didn't think to ask. But as posted above and on other threads, I believe your order it before arrival, and pay at the time of arrival.

-Tony

Okay, thanks again! I guess when/if I decide to rent DVC for our next trip, I'll ask then how to buy the dining plan too. Maybe by then it will have been done & will be more common.

:wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter