• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rented points, but when I do online check in - no Room location options?!

Dizjunkieee

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

I consider myself a veteran DVC point renter, having stayed at almost all of the WDW DVC resorts and some a couple times. In the past, when doing online check in I've always had room location request options in the drop down, but have a stay at OKW with check in two weeks from today (woo hoo!) and the dropdowns just have "select" in both (See screenshot below). Has something changed that I am unaware of? Any thoughts? TIA

upload_2018-10-2_15-4-32.png

Room requests have been missing from online check in for a while now. You can ask the member you rented from if they will forward your room requests to DVC Member Services.

Last edited:
I recently had to call in my room requests which wouldn’t work as a renter. I asked if they had any other options (it was an international phone call) and was told that while this problem was occurring this was the only option.

Originally I tried emailing to see if there was another option and I received an obvious cute and paste response suggesting I keep trying as it’s a known problem they’re trying to fix - I’d already been checking back later for over a month at that point!

Room requests have been missing from online check in for a while now. You can ask the member you rented from if they will forward your room requests to DVC Member Services.
BUMMER! Rented through a brokerage company (don't want to break rules and list the name) and they request a 30 day in advance for any requests like this. I didn't bother as it I've always happily done it myself. I can try I suppose. Thanks for the info!

I recently had to call in my room requests which wouldn’t work as a renter. I asked if they had any other options (it was an international phone call) and was told that while this problem was occurring this was the only option.

Originally I tried emailing to see if there was another option and I received an obvious cute and paste response suggesting I keep trying as it’s a known problem they’re trying to fix - I’d already been checking back later for over a month at that point!

I love Disney, but man their tech stinks! I'm sorry you experienced that - so frustrating! I will reach out to the company I booked through to see if they can help. Good luck to you as well!

I will add that I faxed my request in to AKL last trip and I’m pretty sure they got it. Stayed on points. Asked that my brother and his family not be too far away from us as it was their first time staying there. And if possible, Arusha Savannah. And that’s exactly what we got, and were right next door to each other! People say the faxes get thrown away, but maybe not. I don’t think that it was luck, we were on 2 separate reservations.

I will add that I faxed my request in to AKL last trip and I’m pretty sure they got it. Stayed on points. Asked that my brother and his family not be too far away from us as it was their first time staying there. And if possible, Arusha Savannah. And that’s exactly what we got, and were right next door to each other! People say the faxes get thrown away, but maybe not. I don’t think that it was luck, we were on 2 separate reservations.
You were lucky with your fax. DVC has said they usually throw them away.

We've repeatedly had good luck w/ the TP fax when staying on points. It's worth a try.

I called AKV last week to see if they had a preference for receiving room requests (since online requests are borked and I've had bad luck with requests through DVC member services getting lost in the past).

AKV told me I can call them direct 10 days before arrival to place my room request. So I'll give that a try this time (trip is next month).

Last edited:
I used Touring Plans fax for my trip at BWV last December. I requested two room numbers. Got one the floor below.

We rented points this past summer for Bay Lake. Called a few days ahead for a request, and got exactly what we wanted! I think if you call within a few days of your trip you have a pretty good chance. I asked for a marina view, and when we checked in, the girl mentioned it was on our reservation, and sure enough we got a beautiful of the marina.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter