rental cars and codes

matty624

DIS Veteran
I want to rent a car, preferably from Dollar, we've not had good experiences with Alamo in the past! What are all these promo codes I've seen mentioned? I've tried the MCC code on the Dollar web site, it gives a good rate, but on the site it says you have to give up the coupon with the code on when you pick the car up.
Ian

I just reserved a minivan using the code FISH from dollar. It did not say anywhere I needed a coupon. Saw it was available to the public on mousesavers.com and heard it from this board. Debm

Not sure why it asks for a coupon using the MCC code. That code is in a Dollar ad in the "Official Orlando Accommodations Guide" which I received free through the Orlando web site, orlandoinfo.com. It doesn't mention anything about a coupon, just says to enter MCC in the promo code box. Many others here have used it with no problem. Hope this helps!

I just went to dollar.com and I made a reservation for August using MCC code. It didn't mention a coupon anywhere. Where did you see it? Want to make sure I didn't miss it. "Thanks"

RobinLyn :)

MATTY I DON'T KNOW IF THIS MIGHT HELP BUT, I WAS ABLE TO JOIN NATIONAL CAR RENTAL EMERALD CLUB BY JOING DISNEY CLUB. BEING A DISNEY CLUB MEMBER NATIONAL WAIVES THE 50 DOLLAR FEE THAT NORMALLY APPLIES FOR MEMBERSHIP. WE WILL BE THERE FOR 8 DAY AND OUR RENTAL ONLY CAME TO $281 WITH TAXES AND SOME CHANGE. EMERALD MEMBERS CAN CHOSE ANY CAR THEY WANT FROM THE EMERALD ISLE. I WAS SHOCKED WHEN I FOUND OUT BECAUSE WE ALWAYS RENTED WITH ALAMO WHICH TENDS TO REALLY SUCK LATELY:mad: NATIONAL ONLY CHARGE EMERALD CLUB MEMBERS FOR THE TIME THE CAR IS RENTED AND NOT THE SIZE OF THE CAR. SO IT IS A GOOD DEAL. I TALKED TO AN AGENT THE OTHER DAY TO SEE IF THEY WILL HAVE ANY SUVS AVAILABLE AND SHE SAID THEY DO HAVE THEM SOMETIMES ALONG WITH COMPACT FULLSIZE MIDSIZE AND VANS. IF YOU ARE A DISNEY CLUB MEMBER THERE IS A NUMBER YOU CAN CALL THATS FOR DIS MEMBERS TO JOIN AND THE FEE IS WAIVED:p GOOD LUCK

I just the best rates I could find anywhere at Dollar using code FVG (Florida vacation guide).

The best rate I got was also FVG. I have checked them all and for me it was dollar with fvg code. have a nice day...corvair

Thanks for the info all. I've just booked a car (premuim) with www.floridacarhire.com. It's a uk site which uses Dollar. It cost £630 for three weeks all inclusive, that's about $840. It might not be the cheapest around, but it beats using Alamo like we've done for the last four years.
Ian

I booked awhile ago using the codes found here on the board with national and avis. I have reservations at both, just in case one line is really long. We are going for 14 days and I got a price of $344. Not bad, this is for a full size car. I am getting gready and hoping to save even more money but no way. The prices are anywhere between $500-$700.
Just keep checking all the boards for the right price.

We just came back from WDW and got a great weekly rate at Dollar using FVG.....over $75/week savings over the Dollar website rate........

Just wanted to say thanks. We booked a mini van using the FISH code and the total cost ofr 2 weeks is just over $400.00. We checked the regular price and were saying about $500. It really helps esp because the US Dollar is not too good for us Canadians lately!
Twinz

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter