Remy BG

How far after 7am are folks finding the BGs to "sell out"? I hate the idea of waking up early on my Epcot day...

We were there the first week it started. I was there right at 7 am 3 days. We had BG 80, 12 and 50. All within about 2 seconds of it opening. So I would say at 7 am you have under 10 seconds. At 1 pm, you have 1 -2 hours before they run out.

Did you refresh to get those BG? Or was that experience found on multiple phones simultaneous?

I got BG 86 this morning at 7am on my IPad. I didn’t like the expected boarding time and possible 30 minute wait, so I just went ahead and purchased LL for DH and myself. The available times fit our plans better.

Hopping to Epcot (from Studios) on my 1 and only park day.
How does the boarding group thing work? (I have not been at WDW since before any of it started).
What are my chances (best guess) of getting a PM boarding group for Remmy?

It all depends how busy the park is. The VQ BG opens at 1 pm, you have to be in the park, so it would need to still be open after 2. So far, that has happened on many days.
Good luck!

BG 61 but we’ve got an ADR at like 1pm for San Angel. What happens if they collide? 🤦🏻‍♀️ My group cannot speed walk anywhere.

Got a BG this AM and when group called at 3PM ,had 45 minute wait inline.
What is the use of BG? I would rather have standby line with estimated time so I can make decision about waiting. Not show up for BG and have to wait so long.
I honestly don't get Disney's thinking here. The whole point of a virtual queue is to prevent you from having to stand in a tedious line while waiting for your turn. Why call a boarding group and then make them wait in a 45-minute line? Why not just wait 40 minutes longer to call them? I understand that it's difficult to time things perfectly, and that it would be a disaster to have dead time when there is no one loading onto the ride. But it seems pretty easy to avoid lines this long. Don't call the next boarding group until the line is down to 5-10 minutes.

(And, since Disney is well aware of exactly how many ILL$ have been sold for each time slot, they should be able to figure that into their calculations relatively easily.)

One complication is that they allow the boarding group called and earlier. They have to allow this because people have ADR's that they can't miss. So, in the mornings they have to call more people than can ride because someone of them won't come until later, and in the afternoons you have morning people showing up.

Good point. But how many people are we talking about who have to arrive late for a boarding group call because of a conflict with an ADR? It can't be 45 minutes worth!

We visited Epcot twice during our trip Nov 10-14th - first day (11th) we got BG 24 and were called ~ 12noon and waited almost 45 minutes in line...then on on the 13th we got BG 71 and our call back time was originally set for 1pm and ended up being called at 3:30 and then we waited 45 minutes in line before getting on the ride.

It was a great ride but the wait was ridiculous! It was also a rainy day so I'm not sure if groups of LL+ folks showed up but at one point in the queue waiting, we didn't move for almost 20 minutes...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter