Remove carpet from A Class

sheboz

Mouseketeer
We recently purchased a new to us 2001 A Class. Unfortunately, our three year old went into respiratory distress after being inside for a couple of minutes :(

Carpet is coming out.
What type of flooring would you replace it with?
I'm leaning towards a cork backed vinyl flooring.
Any tips on instillation?

We recently purchased a new to us 2001 A Class. Unfortunately, our three year old went into respiratory distress after being inside for a couple of minutes :(

Carpet is coming out.
What type of flooring would you replace it with?
I'm leaning towards a cork backed vinyl flooring.
Any tips on instillation?

Understand you not wanting the carpet. Was so glad when they mostly stopped putting in carpet - just not practical in an RV. We haven't had it in our last two mh's and it's so much easier to maintain - throw rugs are the way to go for us.

Have friends that just purchased a 2009 mh this past year and they replaced the flooring - will ask them what they used. I do remember them saying they had to be careful about the thickness because of slides, etc. Not just anything they wanted would work.

I would imagine that you would just follow the manufacturer's recommendations. As North of Mouse notes, though, be mindful of the "Thickness" of things particularly if there is a "Slide" involved.

What about vinyl plank flooring? A lot of the new units have ceramic or porcelain tile but the vinyl won't break and is thinner.

I am considering using wood Laminate flooring when I do ours unless I decide to completely upgrade and do a radiant warming tiled floor instead but have to shop carefully

We're looking into a cork backed laminate. Mold and moisture resistant and will help with noise on the Rv when driving.

I did this in my old 5er. They put cream colored carpet in. I finally gave up trying to keep it clean and tore it all out. I put down laminate hard wood. I was also concerned about the thickness so I used 8mm with the rollout pad and it worked great. The slide pulled in right over it without any problems. Still looked great when I sold it last year.

j

A lot of people in the forums that I haunt put in the Allure vinyl planks. We've uses them successfully and happily at home in a kitchen and a bathroom, very easy to work with and very durable. That' what I would use if we redid out RV floor. They're at Home Depot.

My only suggestion is that if you plan to pull the carpet out yourself, wear a good mask. Pulling out carpet in an old trailer once put me in the hospital with lung issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter