• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Remaining Balance at Resort

Shannon96

Earning My Ears
So my fiance and I are at Pop Century and we leave on Saturday. We had a lot of unexpected expenses during the vacation that took out the money we had on our card. To make it a bit easier we put a lot of stuff on the room charge. However some bills came out during our time here and our card is currently in the negative. We only have the one card so we cant pay the room charges when we leave. Is there a way for us to pay the charges at a later date? We paid all the charges for the stay its just the things we charged to the magic band during our stay. We do have the money but it would take a few days to pull it from his finance account and put it into his debit.

Might want to be working on that on line because you will be expected to pay the bill before leaving. Also, if the charges to the magic band reach a certain amount, they will put them on the card at that time. With on line banking and such, I am sure there is some way to facilitate the movement of funds quicker. Not a great position to be in. Good Luck.

As the PP Stated - you need to be working on that ASAP - they charge your card when it reaches a certain amount, and then the remaining BAL EARLY on your checkout day - around Midnight I believe

I would call your bank and get that taken care of ASAP

As the PP Stated - you need to be working on that ASAP - they charge your card when it reaches a certain amount, and then the remaining BAL EARLY on your checkout day - around Midnight I believe

I would call your bank and get that taken care of ASAP

Will it still go through and just put it more in the negative? Is it taken out through a computer system or manually

Because it doesnt matter to us if the card is in the negative just as long as that balance gets paid

You leave on Saturday so you have a few days to get this sorted. Unless you have reached your charging limit, in which case they will do it sooner. (Disney Parks mom panel lists the limit as $1500 for value & mod as of Mar2018).
I agree with previous posters that you should get on this ASAP. Crappy way to spend some of your vacation time but hopefully you can resolve quickly and enjoy the rest of your trip. Good luck.

Call mom, dad, guardian, friend or coworker to put some money on your card.

Between the two of you you only have one card/ debit such? That's awesome. We always keep Amex just in case

Yikes. I recommend getting a family member to wire some money to cover this, then pay them back. Otherwise you might get stuck with no money for food (unless you're on the dining plan).

Disney deals with overdrawn guests on occasion, and so do banks. I recommend talking to each to get a better understanding of your options here. The rest of us can only guess.

I hope you're having fun, but that this also serves as a lesson about budgeting & living within your means. You couldn't really afford this trip. In the future, make sure that you'll have ample spending money for the trip, as well as ample money in your account to cover unexpected personal & home expenses, before traveling. Having more than one functional charge card between two people is advisable, too.

This is what I think will happen: Disney will try to settle at night on your last day. When the card is declined, they won't contact you or send you the itemized bill. Instead it will get caught in auditing where it is sent to a collections agency. In about 3 weeks you will see a bill that doesn't have any Disney branding on it. No itemized bill. You will be expected to mail a check to some place you've never heard of.

This is what I think will happen: Disney will try to settle at night on your last day. When the card is declined, they won't contact you or send you the itemized bill. Instead it will get caught in auditing where it is sent to a collections agency. In about 3 weeks you will see a bill that doesn't have any Disney branding on it. No itemized bill. You will be expected to mail a check to some place you've never heard of.
If it's sent to collections like that, does it show up on a credit report?

I agree with everyone else, find a way to get someone to wire you some money. also, I agree you planned poorly and charged what you probably knew you could not afford. I noticed you are only 21 the last thing you want to do at 21 is mess up your credit. If it goes to collections it's possible it could affect your credit which will take years to fix...good luck

Sometimes those Magic Bands can be dangerous making it too easy to spend money. A great convenience, but you should keep all your receipts and total your spending every day. Perhaps you can go to Guest Services and get approved for a Disney Visa with a line of credit just to get you by.

I would recommend talking to Guest Services right away. Tell them about your money issue BEFORE they have the chance to run your card and have it declined. It is always better to be proactive than reactive with financial institutions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter