• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Relocation of DisneyQuest games?

Oozma_Kappa

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know if they will relocate DisneyQuest games, and if so where? I'm trying to decide if I should spend time checking it out (never been) before it closes or if I can find the games elsewhere at the resort arcades or something after it closes. The problem is it opens at 12pm, so it cuts right into the middle of the day. I'm really only interested in playing Space Mountain, Pirates, and Fix it Felix. Thanks!

DisneyQuest has not been officially announced to close yet but it has been rumored.

DisneyQuest has not been officially announced to close yet but it has been rumored.
I checked times, and they will be open in Oct. and Nov. days that I'll be there. They don't have any hours listed for my January trip, so it's making me think they will close in December.

I checked times, and they will be open in Oct. and Nov. days that I'll be there. They don't have any hours listed for my January trip, so it's making me think they will close in December.
Don't read too much into the hours on the schedule. Disney changes hours all of the time. There are no fireworks at DHS past October right now.

A lot of Disney Quest has been gutted. Most of the rides and games are gone. A lot of it is empty and IMO it isn't worth your time

Since when? I don't remember hearing or seeing anything about games and rides being removed.

A lot of people here on the boards who have been to Disney Quest lately have said the place is largely abandoned and that a lot of the rides and games are gone. I am going off what I have heard. Also a few years ago when it was first rumored to be leaving, my family went and some of the games where already gone.

I have not been in a while, but I would not be surprised if when games go down now they remove them rather than fixing them. I can't see them investing in something that is closing.

A lot of people here on the boards who have been to Disney Quest lately have said the place is largely abandoned and that a lot of the rides and games are gone. I am going off what I have heard. Also a few years ago when it was first rumored to be leaving, my family went and some of the games where already gone.
I've never been myself but based on pictures and video I saw in the spring most things were still there it seemed.

I have no idea whether to go or not this year. My Oct. trip is booked because we will be with people that are interested in more popular attractions. If I go in Nov. I won't be able to enjoy my F&W day until about 4pm. (Although I will be at F&W in Oct.) Jan. is race weekend, no way too busy. I really hope they keep it open through at least flower/garden festival. Or just move the games to an arcade and make it easier on me! Decisions decisions. :hyper2:

A lot of the games aren't necessarily merely things like video games or pinball machines and therefore would be not things that could be moved to the small resort arcades. They require more space and technology.

I was at Disney Quest a month ago and it was full of games. I spent over 6 hours with my under 10 son and had a blast showing him the games I grew up with, along with playing a few of the more modern games. Fix It Felix was pretty cool. It looked and played exactly like any arcade game from the early to mid-80's.

Disney Quest didn't look gutted at all to me. Granted, it had been over 10 years since my last visit. But, all the unique games from before were still there. The Pirates of the Caribbean fire the cannon game, the river rafting, the Astroblaster, video pinball, Aladdin virtual reality, create your own roller coaster, etc. Obviously some of this stuff doesn't stand the test of time technology wise, but still fun to try nonetheless. Especially the Pirates game.

There was still a floor chocked full of the old school arcade games from the 80's (Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr., Dig Dug, Asteroids, Frogger, Galaxian, Pac Man, Ms. Pacman, Tron, Space Invaders, etc.), alongside of which were these all-in-one arcade machines that looked like a typical arcade machine, but contained just about every game made by one maker in one unit. There were also the Dave & Buster ticket type games (sans tickets), like basketball shoot and ski ball. A handful of pinball machines. Several good air hockey games. Even a few more modern games are spread throughout like Temple Run, Guitar Hero, finger swipe games (like Fruit ninja, I think it was) and several shooter games where you can finish the entire game in a half hour with endless continues. Star Wars podracing. A couple of racing games where you can go head to head, including a Nascar game where something like up to 8 people can race against each other at the same time.

The place may open at noon and the $50 cost may understandably be too steep for some. But, I got 2 free tickets courtesy of a promotion being run at the Best Western Lake Buena Vista that is only a block away from Disney Springs. So, we drove to the hotel, checked in at 11, got our free tickets for choosing their hotel and went to Disney Quest for the day.

DisneyQuest was fun in Chicago in 2000 when I went. I think if they had adulted up the concept a bit and kept them updated, they could have been a thing.

Alas...

I still get cast members commenting on my DQ Chicago gear. I do not wear the hat on Splash Mountain.

They actually did take out some of the games. On the upper two floors was a VR superhero game where you had like a light saber thing. It was the same on both levels and it was taken out on one level first then the second. As far as I know that is the only thing that is gone completely. I think they were originally going to expand the food area. There are still plenty of games in the whole of DQ though.

I will only really miss POTC: Quest for Buccaneer Gold. Oh, how I love that game!

I was at Disney Quest a month ago and it was full of games. I spent over 6 hours with my under 10 son and had a blast showing him the games I grew up with, along with playing a few of the more modern games. Fix It Felix was pretty cool. It looked and played exactly like any arcade game from the early to mid-80's.

Disney Quest didn't look gutted at all to me. Granted, it had been over 10 years since my last visit. But, all the unique games from before were still there. The Pirates of the Caribbean fire the cannon game, the river rafting, the Astroblaster, video pinball, Aladdin virtual reality, create your own roller coaster, etc. Obviously some of this stuff doesn't stand the test of time technology wise, but still fun to try nonetheless. Especially the Pirates game.

There was still a floor chocked full of the old school arcade games from the 80's (Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr., Dig Dug, Asteroids, Frogger, Galaxian, Pac Man, Ms. Pacman, Tron, Space Invaders, etc.), alongside of which were these all-in-one arcade machines that looked like a typical arcade machine, but contained just about every game made by one maker in one unit. There were also the Dave & Buster ticket type games (sans tickets), like basketball shoot and ski ball. A handful of pinball machines. Several good air hockey games. Even a few more modern games are spread throughout like Temple Run, Guitar Hero, finger swipe games (like Fruit ninja, I think it was) and several shooter games where you can finish the entire game in a half hour with endless continues. Star Wars podracing. A couple of racing games where you can go head to head, including a Nascar game where something like up to 8 people can race against each other at the same time.

The place may open at noon and the $50 cost may understandably be too steep for some. But, I got 2 free tickets courtesy of a promotion being run at the Best Western Lake Buena Vista that is only a block away from Disney Springs. So, we drove to the hotel, checked in at 11, got our free tickets for choosing their hotel and went to Disney Quest for the day.
Wow sounds like fun! I wish I knew exactly when they were closing, so I could plan better. It would be sad to know that they would just trash all the games and creative work of engineers that so many people have enjoyed over the years. Fingers crossed they can relocate the actual Disney games somehow.

Do they still include two free passes in the check in materials? Hoping to go in mid January if it isnt closed. My 6 year old loved it last time.

Do they still include two free passes in the check in materials? Hoping to go in mid January if it isnt closed. My 6 year old loved it last time.
No. I was really disappointed in that, too. My husband took my daughter last September with the free package tickets and she loved it. I think they took them out because Disney did not know when DQ was closing, but it was supposed to close before now. Now there are more golf vouchers and nothing for DQ.

I have not been in a while, but I would not be surprised if when games go down now they remove them rather than fixing them. I can't see them investing in something that is closing.
This was our experience in June. Everything was "still there" but rides were broken or in very terrible repair since Disney won't cough up the money to fix anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter