Rejected Offers Thread

We go in August so I would rather take the monorail or boat instead of any extra walking
If you'll be staying at BWV in August, depending on where your villa is, you might find it a shorter walk over the bridge to the Swan/Dolphin boat dock, especially if you walk through the inside hallway and out the door to the Croquet Court, just behind Jellyrolls. See map https://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/BoardWalkMap.pdf.

And if you're in the far back wing toward the tennis courts (bottom on the map), it's probably a shorter walk to DHS than to either boat dock, if you exit via the door on the end of that hallway.

I was trying to secure points for a BC 2BD or a BW GV for late March 2025 in addition to a VGF stay. The weekend point chart made the points needed a bit wonky. Looking to combine 24/25/26 points.

BCV 100pt, 100/100 Listed $145, Offered $130. Counter $140. Passed. Contract sold a day later.

BCV 70pt, 53/70 Listed $175, Offered $128. No counter, broker invited to resubmit closer to listing. Passed.

BWV 160pt 320/160 List $120. Offered Full Price…. Seller had already received and accepted another offer.

BWV 175pt, 29/175 Listed $125, Offered $100. Countered $118. Passed. Broker later called and said the seller is motivated. I wrote an email that laid out the parameters on why I made the offer I did and did not receive a reply.

BCV 100pt, 18/100 Listed $133, Offered $129 (lowest site would allow). Counter $132. Passed with a massive eye roll.

Got annoyed and did a full price offer on a 50pt VGF. Done playing the 2042 EPCOT game. I’ll hope the SAB refurb opens up some spots at BCV and waitlist part of the trip.
I was lucky with my BCV 100pt (100/196/100) at $128. I offered full price, but was rejected and told that it already had an offer accepted. I asked the agent if the other was at full price and I was told it was ‘fairly close’. I politely reminded the broker that they were under an obligation to present all offers until the point of contract. A few hours later got confirmation the Seller accepted my offer! Sorry if the other offer was anyone on here… I really wanted this contract though!

I was lucky with my BCV 100pt (100/196/100) at $128. I offered full price, but was rejected and told that it already had an offer accepted. I asked the agent if the other was at full price and I was told it was ‘fairly close’. I politely reminded the broker that they were under an obligation to present all offers until the point of contract. A few hours later got confirmation the Seller accepted my offer! Sorry if the other offer was anyone on here… I really wanted this contract though!
It was I! I considered opting for a different UY than my current December, but ultimately, it didn't seem logical. I'm relieved that everything turned out well!

I made my first offer in months today... pretty sure it will end up here, but the broker gave me a polite reply that he's checking with the seller, so I guess we'll see!
My experience with offers this year has been much better than last year. Even though we have not come to an agreement on any the brokers have been professional and responsive.

Last year not nearly as much.

My experience with offers this year has been much better than last year. Even though we have not come to an agreement on any the brokers have been professional and responsive.

Last year not nearly as much.
With current debt financing rates, it wouldn’t surprise me if the market for contracts over $25k is extremely buyer-friendly. Can’t afford to offend people willing to drop $30-50k on resale contracts these days.

With current debt financing rates, it wouldn’t surprise me if the market for contracts over $25k is extremely buyer-friendly. Can’t afford to offend people willing to drop $30-50k on resale contracts these days.
Interesting. I”ve had several offers for BLT or CCV rejected after offering at or above the board sponsor’s instant price but very low in the range of accepted offers reported in the ROFR thread and the DVC ROFR pricing tool. The agents for almost every one of the brokerages have been extremely friendly and eager and did their best to work the deal to get it done. I’m new to DVC but it feels like a situation where a lot of seller expectations are based on hopes, dreams and old data. Everyone can do what they want to do with their own asset but given that there are 2000 ish resale contracts and in some respects they’re pretty fungible, it doesn’t seem like hoping a unicorn buyer will come a long and give them a high price is a great strategy. It could happen but they could also be waiting a long time. The agents seem to know this, which of course they should, and have not in any way treated me like I’m a lowball bottom-feeder.

Last edited:
Interesting. I”ve had several offers for BLT or CCV rejected after offering at or above the board sponsor’s instant price but very low in the range of accepted offers reported in the ROFR thread and the DVC ROFR pricing tool. The agents for almost every one of the brokerages have been extremely friendly and eager and did their best to work the deal to get it done. I’m new to DVC but it feels like a situation where a lot of seller expectations are based on hopes, dreams and old data. Everyone can do what they want to do with their own asset but given that there are 2000 ish resale contracts and in some respects they’re pretty fungible, it doesn’t seem like hoping a unicorn buyer will come a long and give them a high price is a great strategy. It could happen but they could also be waiting a long time. The agents seem to know this, which of course they should, and have not in any way treated me like I’m a lowball bottom-feeder.
Now that I know more than I knew last year it is my opinion that brokers who get offended at “low ball offers” should address the unrealistic listing prices first.

I made my first offer in months today... pretty sure it will end up here, but the broker gave me a polite reply that he's checking with the seller, so I guess we'll see!
Update, as expected got a reject with no counter.

VGC, 160 pts, AugUY offered $215 pp, listed $265 3/28 (no counter, either 2months or 7months on the market)

I am looking for a deal but mostly because I'd rather have a VGC contract that's 120 points or less. I also warned the broker that AugUY points are about to hit a banking deadline and they should tell the client to bank ASAP.

Update, as expected got a reject with no counter.

VGC, 160 pts, AugUY offered $215 pp, listed $265 3/28 (no counter, either 2months or 7months on the market)

I am looking for a deal but mostly because I'd rather have a VGC contract that's 120 points or less. I also warned the broker that AugUY points are about to hit a banking deadline and they should tell the client to bank ASAP.
I'm sure they are thinking that since some people sell or sold for $310, that $265 is a good deal already... but obviously not when there are a bunch at that same or similar price listed, & with smaller contracts.

I'm sure they are thinking that since some people sell or sold for $310, that $265 is a good deal already... but obviously not when there are a bunch at that same or similar price listed, & with smaller contracts.
$265 on 160 points is 42k before any fees…I would think most people willing to drop 40k would be just getting (more!) direct points for VDH or (soon) PVB…I respect the people who can and will pay over $250/pt for resale VGC for large contracts, but I just don’t think that many of them exist…and the fact that many are languishing on the market suggests I’m right.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter