Rehitching Ceremony @ The Land (Garden Grill/Epoct)

LeeAnn

DIS Veteran
Rehitching Ceremony @ The Land (Garden Grill/Epoct)

I have heard it mentioned but I don't have the details.

Do they still do it?
Do you have book it in advance?
How much is it?
What exactly happens?

What else can you do to celebrate 10th Wedding Anniversary (w/ 2 small kids)?

Thanks.

You may want to call and see if they are still doing it for your time. I think the garden grill has been closed for updates. We did it 2 years ago for our 25th anniversary and took our two kids with us who were 7 and 12! They thought it was a hoot!!! We did it during the ice cream social and it didn't cost any extra, just the cost of the ice cream!! All you need to do is tell them when you call to make your PS and then remind them when you check-in. They did wait until we were finished to do it, and it wasn't crowded at all and it was in June!! Have a great time!

Congratulations, when will you be celebrating in the world.

We went for 2 weeks in May 2004 and celebrated non-stop. We did the rehitching at Garden Grill, the booths are set up so that it isn't a big production in front of everyone, which was nice. Just a note, they say kiss the whole time, not each time. You'll know what I mean if you do it, you get a certificate and a cake, which we took back to the room with us.

For our actual anniversary we took the kids with us to Spirit of Aloha for a family celebration. We all loved it. At one point they asked all those couples celebrating to dance, it was magical! The couple at the table next to us was celebrating their 10th too!

We also booked the kids into Neverland Club at Poly for 1 evening so we could have a date, it was fun for everyone!

Have a magical time!

Sorry we were there in Nov. and they no longer do this ceremony at all!! They will still give you a cake, but they do not make a big show of it and no kiss! I was told by a cast member there that they had to discontinue this because same sex couples were doing it as well and many people with families complained. WDW has always been great at accomadating same sex couples and I'm sure that will continue. So in fairness to them... they discontinued it for everyone. They did not want to be unfair and say only certain people could do it!

Same thing happened to us.

I was VERY fortunate to have been able to plan a trip around one of Disney's room/park deals. Never stayed on property before, but ALWAYS wanted to. In the past, in order to afford our trips, it's been whatever hotel was cheapest. Even better, the trip coincided with my parents 35th anniversary. So, I scrimped and saved every dime I could in order to afford to treat them to a Disney trip for their anniversary. We stayed at POFQ during one of those hurricanes last year. (BTW, Disney properties are EXTREMELY well constructed! - With the blinds closed, you wouldn't have even known it was raining!) Anyhow, part of the deal was that you got a lanyard with 2 "starter" trading pins. I wouldn't have ever expected it, but my father sort of got into the pin thing because of that, wearing his lanyard, and purchasing several pins to remind him of the trip.

They've talked about formally "renewing their vows" for years, but never really got around to planning it. I looked into doing it at Disney for them. Well, I'm sure it's a good deal, but WAY out of my price range. So, I had heard about the "rehitching ceremony" on the DIS, and I figured this would be a great surprise for them, even though it's not "formal", it really would've been a teriffic memory.

Called a few weeks in advance to make PS arrangements and made sure to ask for the rehitching ceremony. No problem.

When we get down there, I bought 2 "Anniversary" pins to present to my parents, for their brand new collection.

Show up for lunch, remind the CM about the rehitching ceremony. No problem.

We're eating lunch. I'm practically jumping out of my skin, because I really wanted to surprise them. Waiting. Waiting. Check comes. Hmmm.

I get up to "go to the restroom" (really find the waiter and find out about the ceremony). He tells me they cancelled it 2 DAYS AGO! No notice. Nothing. Neither the PS person told me it was cancelled, nor did the host.

You could not believe how disappointed I was. Chances are that I'll not be able to afford to do something like this for them again, especially timed to a "special" anniversary.

So, I'm sorry to say, it doesn't look like you'll be able to do the "rehitching" ceremony.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter