Rehersal Dinner

Erosca

Earning My Ears
I am geeting married next July 04 @ WDW and have no idea as to how to go about for our rehersal dinner. I was thinking, would it be rude to tell our guess that we are to meet at a given restaurant and I'll pick the tab, or make it a formal pre established meeting at a designated place....would this affect cost?..... :confused:

We are getting married in Aug 2004 in disney and for our rehersal dinner we are looking at Chef Mickeys in the Contemporary Hotel. It is a bufet meal. I have been there befor. The food is very good, they have a very large selection, & a very large desert bar. It is a character dinner so Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, Chip & Dale are there. They come out of the kitchen about every 30 min. and do a short dance and take pictures at each table. It realy is fun. The cost is $24 a person & $12 for kids. Its a good deal for the amount of food & fun. Our Sales Manager said there is no private room but they can book you priority seating 90 days in advance. Oh & yes they serve alcohol for extra $$. :Pinkbounc

We also booked our own with the assistance of our coordinator. Most guests were staying at Dixie Landings (has a new name now) so we arranged dinner at Boatwrights. They have an upper level, and we had that area to ourselves. DHs parents paid for half the tab and then the billed the other to our wedding account.

Hi There,
We are having an IW in about three months at WDW and my fiance and I are having a rehersal dinner to recap the next days events and give our thanks to our guests at Ohana's. It is about $24.00/person and it is all you can eat.

'Ohana ...a place of family, laughter and sharing ...Hawaiian style.

Spend an Evening with Us and Experience an Unforgettable Event as We Celebrate the Meaning of Family.
Your waiter will entertain you with island wit and banter
as you are served from 3-foot skewers.

Adults $23.99; Children 3-11 $9.99
Includes coffee, tea and soda.

I found the best web site that really helped us plan all of our dining arrangements. Check it out:

www.wdwig.com

and good luck!

You will want to get priority seating for you rehearsal dinner so that you can guarantee that your party will be seated together and that you will be able to get in at your desired time etc, .... We had ours at 'Ohana, as mentioned earlier it is all you can eat everyone had a great time. Some people choose to invite their wedding guests and have a "welcoming party". We invited only our bridal party and parents and sent out a small invitation to each person (it wasn't within our budget to have all 30 wedding guests). The night turned out great and everyone had a good time. If you get a nice wedding coordinator, they will set up the priority seating for you, however, they don't have to do it. Our wedding coordinator had us make the reservation ourselves. My advice to you is to call on the appropriate day as early as possible to ensure that you get seating together for your group. I called the first day that PS's were available for my rehearsal day and was only able to get seating at 9pm for our group. Good luck!

Marne
06-16-03
WP/LS

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter