• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Regular" versus "Plus size" models

I like the "plus" sized model much more in all the pictures.

Does it make me a horrible person if I thought the skinny model looked better in all the pics?

I guess its because my view of body image is extremely skewed.

keeping that in mind..... shes a major babe!

In Latin she would be called "babia majora".

Hahah I totally agree with you -- she's beautiful.
Fills out clothes so much more nicely than those emaciated models we typically see.

I don't like any of the pics.. maybe because the outfits are just... horrible? =/ But in all but one I thought the bigger girl looked better, prolly because the skinny one had a bad face (skeletal). And the hairdos were quite unfortunate.

I'm a very critical person. xD

But IMO for someone who's 5'9 to be a US size 0 is icky. If you're 5'9 you should be a size 3 at least >.>

A 16 is so not plus sized!
I really hate it when magazines and shops say that. >.<
Their plus-sized ranges start at like a 14 (US 10) which is stupid since the avergae UK woman is a 16.

I think the plus sized model looks much better in all of the pictures.
She really doesn't look to be what I would consider "plus sized."
I don't really like any of the pictures though, because those outfits are horrible and it's clearly photo shopped.

what pisses me off is that plus size models arent even plus size! they're still in the normal range of styles.

and none of those models look plus size, by the standards that the rest of us live by.

I swear, the plus size models are no bigger than I am, and I'm not plus size.

How about we have regular models that actually eat and plus size models that can actually fit in plus size clothing? Seems logical to me.

Hey, nobody get mad at me for saying plus size. I'm not saying it, the magazine is. She is NOT plus size to me at all. PS, for me, is like 18-20+.

Isn't the average woman in the US a size 14? So if clothing designers want to sell products, you would think they would put better representations of women on their runways.

Doesn't plus size in clothing start at 16 or 18? ...that's why it frustrates me when I see 'plus-size' models that are a size 10 or 12.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter